Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you in favor of the new health care reform?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor of the new health care reform?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Cleo's, having that right next door is sorta frightening. It feels to me like they're a ticking time bomb.

Loserbob: That's the problem with most of us (especially me.) We bite our tongue. We know that they will most probably go off and they're freakishly angry so we avoid confrontation. We should all become more outspoken I think because they seem to think their ideology is what the majority of Americans want. And they are wrong. But if we don't step it up, they will continue to believe that our president only represents a minority.

And loserbob, you first. If you don't get killed or maimed, I'll be outspoken too. LOL

Thanks! No I figure its not worth it. They walk around saying things like this (chimp, N-word)in the open public, That guy didnt know me or my views(see what Joe the plumber did, This guy probably assumed I shared his views because Im a plumber). I would guess he does this in other places, people hear this and probably assume most reps feel this way so it only hurts them. I spilled Cranberry juice on my keyboard and the keys are sticking, its taking me twice as long because I have to correct every other word. If you dont see me post for a while its because I threw my keyboard against the wall!!!

Cleosmom, Ive found that most of the people out our way are rep rednecks. I was at a plumbing supply warehouse in Greensburg yesterday, Another plumber came in and was teasing the guy working there saying"see, I told you not to vote for that chimp", I bit my tongue on that one.

So true. When I worked on the Obama campaign there was a guy from the city who said it was cultural shock when he moved out this way. I have to go into the city to see another Obama bumper sticker.

Cranberry juice: good for your kidneys, bad for your keyboard. drat!

Cleo's, I saw an Obama bumper sticker the other day and was so shocked I almost flagged him down to shake his hand.

Cranberry juice: good for your kidneys, bad for your keyboard. drat!

Cleo's, I saw an Obama bumper sticker the other day and was so shocked I almost flagged him down to shake his hand.

I know what you mean. I have a healthcare bumper sticker on my car too and this lady stopped me to talk about it. We are so few and far between out in redneck country that we feel like a kinship with like minded.

Did she want to have a serious discussion or just comment on how few and far between we are? Are you in Texas or am I making that up? I'm in north central Texas.

Did she want to have a serious discussion or just comment on how few and far between we are? Are you in Texas or am I making that up? I'm in north central Texas.

She wanted to talk about healthcare and as it turned out I was going to one of those townhall meetings about healthcare with my republican congressman that evening, so I told her about it. She was interested.

I live up north in the east.

Sorry I was confused about your locale.

I think a lot of people are wanting to talk about the health care situation. And everytime it comes up around me, people all agree that what we have is a mess and it needs to be changed drastically. I haven't talked to anyone who is happy with our system. There is one story after another about problems that people have had to deal with when they've needed health care and have been denied treatment or certain doctors or having to take generic meds that are actually sometimes quite different in composition than the name brand drug.

Unfortunately I do not think that Washington hears about all the problems and disatisfaction from their constituents. You're smart to be so involved. It's the only power we have and our votes aren't for sale like some of our congressmen's votes are.

Cleo's, having that right next door is sorta frightening. It feels to me like they're a ticking time bomb.

Loserbob: That's the problem with most of us (especially me.) We bite our tongue. We know that they will most probably go off and they're freakishly angry so we avoid confrontation. We should all become more outspoken I think because they seem to think their ideology is what the majority of Americans want. And they are wrong. But if we don't step it up, they will continue to believe that our president only represents a minority.

February 19, 2010

CBS Poll Confirms: Obama Is Total Failure

Posted by Van Helsing at February 19, 2010 7:17 AM

A good, solid B+? That's not what his subjects say. The libs at CBS News gave the public a chance to grade the community activist they helped install in office. The results should reassure Jimmy Carter that he won't be known as our worst president for much longer. A plurality is giving The Anointed One an F in every single category:

The Economy

F: 70.22%

Foreign Policy

F: 61.66%

Health Care

F: 81.49%

Afghanistan

F: 31.32%

Iraq

F: 35.72%

Threat of Terrorism

F: 65.35%

Energy and the Environment

F: 59.00%

Social Issues

F: 57.46%

Bipartisanship

F: 80.65%

Obama's Overall Job as President

F: 63.22%

Did I mention that the poll is at CBS News? It looks like even liberals are figuring out that Obama's election was a catastrophe.

Maybe Affirmative Action shouldn't be applied to picking presidents after all.

The majority of the people are NOT in agreement with Obama and what he stands for.

Barack Obama declared that "generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless … when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal … when we ended a war, and secured our nation, and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth." It truly would take a Messiah to fulfil such soaring promises.

God teaches "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." (proverbs 11:2)

Remember the Titanic? The great quote was: "Even God can't sink this ship."

Is Obama Failing? (Part 1)

by David Boaz

David Boaz is executive vice-president of the Cato Institute.

Added to cato.org on February 2, 2010

This article appeared in the Economist on February 2, 2010.

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

This article is David Boaz's

But part of President Obama's problem may be that he tried to fulfil too many of them, with no sense of the limits of the state's efficacy or the public's tolerance for expanded government. The claims of some of his advocates in 2008 that no one could spend 12 years at the University of Chicago without absorbing some sense of the benefits of markets, the limits of government and the hard lessons of the 20th century now seem as off-base as Ben Stein's buy recommendation on Merrill Lynch in late 2007.

On 20 January 2009, the day of Obama's inauguration, the Washington Post wrote, "The federal government itself is a far more potent instrument, in its breadth and depth of command over national life, than it has ever been before." President Obama has never quite thanked President Bush for the new powers he inherited, but he has certainly used them.

Bush raised the federal budget by more than $1.5 trillion. He bequeathed to Obama a FY2009 deficit of about $1.3 trillion, which Obama proceeded to increase with his "stimulus" bill, an earmark-heavy omnibus appropriations bill, Cash for Clunkers and more. But more than spending, he seemed bent on using a crisis atmosphere ("You never want a serious crisis to go to waste," said Rahm Emanuel) to amass more money and power in Washington. He proposed to bring the key health-care and energy industries under the direction of the federal government. He sought to tell financial companies how they could invest and what they could pay. I don't think he really wanted to nationalise the automobile companies; it's just that, as Uncle Duke said of the pension fund, the automobile industry was just sitting there. So he snatched it up, and he and Congress started imposing political rules: build "clean cars" rather than cars that consumers want to buy, don't build them in China, don't buy palladium from the cheapest overseas sources, use unionised trucking companies, keep inefficient dealerships open — and make enough profits to pay the taxpayers back.

His Environmental Protection Agency announced that it would use previously unknown powers to regulate greenhouse gases. His Labor Department plans to push through 90 rules and regulations in 2010 that would strengthen unions and add costs to employers. He sought to give more regulatory powers to the Federal Reserve, as a reward for causing the bubble and financial collapse. He has proposed various schemes to encourage more lending to homebuyers with insufficient credit, which were just those that combined with easy money to create the housing collapse in the first place. His top advisers "flipped through the tax code, looking for ideas" on taxes to raise, reported the Wall Street Journal.

In many ways, of course, Obama has just doubled down on George W. Bush's policies of bailouts, takeovers, expanded Fed powers and nationalisations. Some of the opposition to him reflects the public's sense that we've been piling up spending and debt for over a year now, so he is being punished for his predecessor's mistakes. But Bush or Obama, these policies take us in the wrong direction. After a crisis brought on by cheap money and distortionary subsidies, he is doing more of the same. In a recession he is adding debt, taxes and regulation to the burdens already felt by business.

The policies themselves are bad enough. The lobbying frenzy created by all this money on the table is not healthy for our politics. And the uncertainty created by this ambitious and protean agenda retards recovery. From last January ("growing anxiety on Wall Street about what the government would do next", New York Times) to this month ("The people that have money are sitting in kind of a cocoon — they're not making decisions because they're concerned about what's coming down in terms of taxation and vindictiveness against the wealthy," Denver Post), we see employers and investors worrying about what Washington might do next.

And now the voters are turning against this sweeping agenda that seeks to make America a European welfare state. Obama came into office on a wave of good feeling, with 69% expressing approval and only 12% expressing disapproval. Now his ratings are below 50%. Obama's approval rating fell 21 points during his first year in office, the largest first-year decline for any president since Gallup began tracking presidential approval ratings in the 1930s. Approval by independent voters has fallen from 62% to 45%. And even young people are leaving: The Politico/Insider Advantage poll showed Scott Brown leading among voters under 30 by 61% against 30%. In contrast, the 2008 exit poll showed 18-29-year-olds in Massachusetts voting for Obama 78-20.

Worse, the voters aren't just grumbling. They have switched parties in New Jersey, Virginia and even deep-blue Massachusetts. Congressional Democrats are scurrying for the exits, and even Vice-President Biden's son has decided to take a pass on the 2010 Senate race.

Worse yet for Obama, voters are not just reacting to the continuing economic weakness or engaging in fickle channel-changing. They are increasingly opposed to his plans to "remake this great nation". The longer Congress debates the health-care bill, the less voters like it. In a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll 53% said they disapprove of the federal government's expanded role in the efforts to fix the nation's economy, 60% disapprove of the government's financial help to banks and other lending institutions and 65% disapprove of the government's ownership stake in General Motors.

It is not just specific policies. The director of Pew Research says that "anti-government sentiment, which had been building for years, was heightened by the financial bailout and stimulus program". In a January Washington Post-ABC News poll, Americans said they prefer "smaller government and fewer services" to "larger government with more services" by 58% to 38%. Since Obama won the Democratic nomination in June 2008, the margin of support for smaller government has increased in Post-ABC polls from five points to 20 points. Gallup data show that 57% of Americans say the government is trying to do too many things that should be left to businesses and individuals, the highest number since October 1994.

When your policies aren't working, the voters have noticed and your transformative ideological agenda is moving broad public opinion in the other direction, it's safe to say you're failing.

Edited by pattygreen

I know this is a long read, But it's worth it. Don't forget to read part 2 and 3. It's a great article that gives the reasons for our dissatisfaction with the President.

patty declares: "Maybe Affirmative Action shouldn't be applied to picking presidents after all."

Once again, your bigotry rears its' ugly head. Are you seriously going to try to defend this statement? What a shallow, ignorant, racist thing to say.

You can't be shamed, you have no clue, do you?