Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you in favor of the new health care reform?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor of the new health care reform?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Health care is not a 'right'. The constitution gives us the right to persue these things, not to have them handed to us. The constitution says our 'rights' come from the Creator, not congress.

If prisoners have the right to healthcare, then so do law abiding citizens.

If prisoners have the right to healthcare, then so do law abiding citizens.

Prisoners get alot of things that they don't work for, doesn't make it okay. Prisoners get TVs as well, does that make it their "right"? We pay for 'everything' that prisoners get. Their heat, their food, their laundry, their cable, their medical care, their hair cuts, etc. Does the government pay for all that for you? No. Because it's not their job to do that. That's your job.

Prisoners get alot of things that they don't work for, doesn't make it okay. Prisoners get TVs as well, does that make it their "right"? We pay for 'everything' that prisoners get. Their heat, their food, their laundry, their cable, their medical care, their hair cuts, etc. Does the government pay for all that for you? No. Because it's not their job to do that. That's your job.

Aside from medicaid, which is healthcare by the government for the poor (and which by the way, you have said should be expanded), what healthcare is paid for by the government?

People pay for medicare.

People will pay for healthcare under this new bill, if they can afford it.

If they can't afford it there will be government subsidies but it won't be free.

patty: "That was really uncalled for. I think you should apologize for that."

Thank you patty, I accept your apology.

The latest Gallup Poll - the momentum seems to be for people to approve of the healthcare reform. Maybe they've finally stopped listening to the stupid death panel people.

Healthcare Bill Support Ticks Up; Public Still Divided NEW

January 12, 2010

100112healthcare.jpg

Slightly more Americans want their member of Congress to vote in favor of healthcare legislation rather than against it, 49% vs. 46% -- a first since October. Democrats are widely supportive while a slim majority of independents and most Republicans are opposed.

I think the more people learn, the more likely they will support the proposed changes.

People just didn't know what was in the bills when this all started and the Republicans made so many outrageous claims that it has taken some time for people to learn more about the possibilities for a better health care system.

I don't think very many Americans are freaked out about "socialized" medicine anymore or "death panels" and most Americans know that our system sucks big time. We pay outlandish premiums and in so many cases we don't get to choose our doctor except from an "approved" list and our meds and treatments are sometimes denied by our insurer. It has to get better and we expect our legislators to do whatever it takes to make improvements. I hope that the Republicans aren't able to stand in the way of change and I hope that once changes begin happening, voters will have a clearer view of what's been going on and will vote accordingly.

I hope that the Republicans aren't able to stand in the way of change and I hope that once changes begin happening, voters will have a clearer view of what's been going on and will vote accordingly.

What are you talking about? The republicans have stood in the way of Obama's plan to socialize the HC from the get-go. And that's why we can be thankful for NO PUBLIC OPTION!

And we should kick their Buns out of office at the first opportunity.

You don't really think that that's the way things are going to go, do you? Just look at how close the Mass. race is going right now. Thee most liberal state in the country and the reps. lead by 2 points. In the past, that was never to even be anticipated in that state. The people want their reps to actually represent them, not themsleves and congress and the WH and what they want. That tells me that there are more people who think the way I do than the way you do about HC. Can you believe Martha Coakley telling the people that there are no terrorists in Afghanistan? Wow! Where has she been? Tell that to the last 12 soldier's families that just died over there from their attacks against them!

Also, that's NOT kennedy's seat that they are replacing. That's the people of Mass.'s seat. The nerve of Dems to think it 'belongs' to them.

More urgently, a Brown win would give Republicans 41 seats in the Senate and the ability to block Obama's health-care initiative and much of the Democrats' 2010 congressional agenda. Strategists on both sides concede that a Brown victory would drastically reshape the calculus of the health-care debate, which is now in its final stages.

A valiant, close loss counts as a win because it will be a sign of deep discontent with Democratic policies even in MA, a highly democratic state.

I know that most of you here debate with me and it seems that I am the lone ranger on the way that I think politics, but, did you know that FOX news has more viewers than the other 3 liberal news stations put together. This tells me that there are more who agree with their stand on the issues than the other stations. When I turn on the TV and listen to CNN or MSNBC, I get disgusted with the commentator and his left winged liberal take on the issue at hand. I turn to FOX and find myself in agreement with what they are saying. This is why they have more viewers than the other stations. You obviously don't turn to FOX because you don't agree with their stand on the issues. Since you don't, you are in the minority in the way that you think concerning politics. I am NOT the one whose thinking is 'skewed' (bjean's word), it is YOU!

About the health care change issue before Congress, we'll see how this thing winds up. But if you think that people are going to be satisfied with the current system from now on, you're sadly mistaken. People are fed up and they need and want change. Change is acomin' no matter who is in the majority in Congress. It may take longer with the Republican obstructionists fighting it all the way, but it has to happen.

As for the Fox network, and all its' viewers agreeing with them, I'm gonna call a B.S. on that. I don't agree with them but I do watch from time to time just to see what new outlandish thing they're "reporting" and discussing."

Just because you agree with them and just because they have many viewers, doesn't mean that the majority of voters agree with them. It might mean that people just like to watch people like Glenn Beck put on a show. Everybody I know agrees that he's hilarious, even if he's pathetic and his thinking is skewed. Although the word "skewed" doesn't really described how nutty he is. Of course he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Can you imagine what he says behind closed doors about people who believe him? Bet it's a laugh riot.

You don't really think that that's the way things are going to go, do you? Just look at how close the Mass. race is going right now. Thee most liberal state in the country and the reps. lead by 2 points.

Actually, the latest Rasmussen poll puts Democrat Coakley 2 points ahead.

Also, that's NOT kennedy's seat that they are replacing. That's the people of Mass.'s seat. The nerve of Dems to think it 'belongs' to them.

It's only being referred to it as Kennedy's seat to clarify who was the last elected person to hold that seat. Geez!!

A valiant, close loss counts as a win because it will be a sign of deep discontent with Democratic policies even in MA, a highly democratic state.

A loss is a win?

That must be that same convoluted thinking that allows Matalin, Perino and Guiliani to say that 9/11 didn't happen under bush.

I know that most of you here debate with me and it seems that I am the lone ranger on the way that I think politics, but, did you know that FOX news has more viewers than the other 3 liberal news stations put together. This tells me that there are more who agree with their stand on the issues than the other stations. When I turn on the TV and listen to CNN or MSNBC, I get disgusted with the commentator and his left winged liberal take on the issue at hand. I turn to FOX and find myself in agreement with what they are saying. This is why they have more viewers than the other stations. You obviously don't turn to FOX because you don't agree with their stand on the issues. Since you don't, you are in the minority in the way that you think concerning politics. I am NOT the one whose thinking is 'skewed' (bjean's word), it is YOU!

You are only referring to those who watch cable TV news. Not the majority of voting America. Why would I watch news commentary that I don't agree with? Well, maybe to get a good laugh once in awhile.

So you agree with Fox. There's a shock. If the majority of Americans agreed with Fox, Obama would not have been elected because the statistics you quote were true before the 2008 election. My daughter's fil watches Fox but votes democratic. So your conclusion is inaccurate.

And don't read too much into the mid-term 2010 elections. Historically, the majority party always loses seats.

cleo's: "That must be that same convoluted thinking that allows Matalin, Perino and Guiliani to say that 9/11 didn't happen under bush."

It's their effort to re-write history. They're all on the same page - trying to fix it so that Americans will forget what all really happened under the Bush administration.

Most people know Faux News is a comedy program. What do people do, watch it to get entertained. I do. I know the difference between the two. Regular news(where they give yo the facts, and thats it are channels like ABC, FOX on channel 12 for Chicago, and NBC, BBC and such. Any channel beyond that spouts OPINION NOT FACT. That includeds Hannity, Matthews, Beck, Olberman,etc. These are OPINION shows. Liberals know the difference. When you say, I watch Fox News. WHich one are you talking about? If it is any of the ones mentioned, your are just getting somebody elses OPINION. Research yourself. Better still, stay away from TV and go to legitimate news sources on the Internet.