Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wannabthinagain's journey

I hadn't been around here much, but thought i would update.

From Nov. (after my consult) until the 2nd week of January, i managed to gain! ARGH!!! i was up 15 pounds (i had to have some Fluid taken out of my band and had to really push it with my eating to feel any restriction).

I'm still 9 pounds up, but i'm on track with eating, working out 6 days a week again and have added the C25K program too.

I plan to call to make an appointment to have a tiny bit of fill put back. it seems around my period i'm still having sporadic days of restriction and would hate to put too much and on those days can't even DRINK!

we are planning to do our taxes on MONDAY and as soon as it hits our bank, calling to book my appointment!

I orginally planned for March, but it's looking like i may have to wait until April, the week after Easter break, so i will have help with the kids.

I plan to have the 9 pounds gone AND get down another 4 to hit 120. The Dr. said he would take 6-8 pounds off and that should put me around 114 but will LOOK even smaller...I'll take THAT!!

This was addressed and he said he covers them. the only thing i would have to cover is if i had to be put under again.

he has a surgery center, so i wouldn't have hospital charges, just whatever the anestesiologist cost (i'm pretty sure that was all)

Wannabe - congrats on finding your doc! I would have added the question "What is your revision clause" to the list. If a scar needs revising or if anything goes wrong whatsoever. Some docs have a 1 year revision, etc. Where they will not charge you to fix it, though you may need to pay hospital charges.

I'll be staying at a hotel the second night after my surgery, too, to make sure there's no complications. I agree with you, it's a smart move!

March will be here before you know it!!

taxes are done and it looks like next week i will be booking my appointment! if there are days left in March, it looks like the plans that were going to postpone my surgery until April have changed...so if there are days available in march that work out for us AND my mom (who will be keeping the lil ones for me) i will have it done in march!

Waiting on the office to email me dates that they still have open!!

so excited for you.. hey just a hint, I bought the wedge pillow at bed bath and beyond and it goes below your knees to elevate you. Plus by putting pillows under my head I was able to stay in bed but with knees and head up. It was so much more comfortable than the recliner. The pillow I believe was 19.99. You are almost there!

thanks for the advice on getting the pillow and BB&B! we will go pick that up soon!

AWESOME NEWS:

unless hubby's leave is denied for that week,

APRIL 7th

is my date!!!

61 days away!

woohoo!

Awesome that's great news!!!!!!! So excited for you xoxo

hey wannab:

sorry i've been missing in action. lots of good things happening (moved in with fiancee', getting wedding together, etc). so i havent been on the boards...

getting back to basics now after gaining some weight.

soooo happy your date is almost here. less then 1 month away.....it will go fast.

a few things....the bootie transfer of fat. i'm so happy i did this. at first it felt like it didnt work. but after awhile and after doing squats....my bootie looks better then pre-op.

i used the wedge pillow and the recliner. both were very helpful. i also bought a shower chair which was essential. a lawn chair would work...... i definitely needed a chair in the shower.

dr adam allows a shower the next day and i must say that really perked me up each day.

dr adam totally stands by his work. he is more critical of his work then i am....

i will be around during your operation and can help if you need me to.

keep us posted leading up to your operation. you will be sooo happy. i love my new body both post LAP-BAND® and post plasti surgery and am very glad i did both...

josie

Hey Josie! i've wondered were you have been! WOW!! lots of good things going on for you!! CONGRATS! is there a date?

the time is FLYING! things are all coming into place. We still have some things to do and get together.

this morning, all the financial stuff was finalized.... woohoo!

we will be booking our hotel today or tomorrow. (you didn't stay in a hote, you went home, right?)

I have my phone consult on the 25th, my pre-op appointment on April 6th, and my surgery April 7th!

i'm excited about the booty transfer...i've NEVER had a booty and even if it helps just a little, i'll appreciate it...so will my PANTS! LOL

we will be picking up a wedge pillow, and we have TONS of extra pillows here. we are requesting a recliner in the hotel room and we have one at home already. We will probably go the plastic lawn chair route with the shower chair. we have a big shower, so it shouldn't be a problem. we have a shower handle that comes off to a hand held type, so that should work out good too!

one of my questions for Dr. Adam was when could i shower. in all the paper work, i read anything from 24 hours after surgery to 3 days later....depending what surgery form i was reading. it's good to know he allows it after 1 day!

I felt when meeting Dr. Adam that he was very proud of what he does and he wants to be just as happy with the results as i want to be! I cannot WAIT to see what he can do!!!

THANKS!!!LOL I actually thought the other day that it would be something if i had to call you to come rescue my hubby at the hotel!!! he had to walk out of lamaze class when they just TALKED about the changes in a women's body while pregnant...i cannot imagine how he is going to handle seeing drains and stiches and me in pain and everything else!!! i'll keep your number on speed dial on my cell! LOL

maybe we could get together the day before!

I cannot imagine NOT being happy even if i don't end up with the best i can imagine...it will still be MUCH better than what i have to look at right now!

do you remember if you get a list of things you will need after surgery? I'm concerned that they give me a list the day before surgery (since my pre-op is the afternoon before my surgery) and then i can't find something i will need.

Since i won't be at home, i want to make sure i'm prepared with everything at the hotel. Hubby won't be able to leave to go get anything since we won't have anyone around to stay with me while he's out....unless he speed dials YOU! LOL

We are going to be at the hotel until Saturday because I'll have an appointment on Friday, most likely later in the day since that's one of his surgery days. We don't want to have to check out if my appointment is much later than that. I'd be miserable waiting around anywhere, then having to drive 2 1/2 or so hours home.

THIRTY days!!!!! :thumbup: 2 weeks until my phone consulte, no more drinking or medicine days.... then 2 weeks after that.... SURGERY!

I feel like a nesting mom!! feeling the need to get everything ready for the 'big day'!!

hey wannab:

sorry i've been missing in action. lots of good things happening (moved in with fiancee', getting wedding together, etc). so i havent been on the boards...

getting back to basics now after gaining some weight.

soooo happy your date is almost here. less then 1 month away.....it will go fast.

a few things....the bootie transfer of fat. i'm so happy i did this. at first it felt like it didnt work. but after awhile and after doing squats....my bootie looks better then pre-op.

i used the wedge pillow and the recliner. both were very helpful. i also bought a shower chair which was essential. a lawn chair would work...... i definitely needed a chair in the shower.

dr adam allows a shower the next day and i must say that really perked me up each day.

dr adam totally stands by his work. he is more critical of his work then i am....

i will be around during your operation and can help if you need me to.

keep us posted leading up to your operation. you will be sooo happy. i love my new body both post LAP-BAND®® and post plasti surgery and am very glad i did both...

josie

WannaB, I am so excited for you! I know how long of a process this can be, and to finally be on the other side is a relief! I will keep you in my prayers! Oh, and don't worry about running around looking for things before sx...I am sleeping on the recliner attached to our couch and I am doing just fine. Tomorrow is my first shower, and I am thinking that a shower chair might come in handy. Mostly, because I get the shakes when I am up and walking...and the last thing I want to do is pass out! Hang in there...and enjoy your time with the hubby and kids!

12 more days!!!!!!! wooo hooo! you are almost to the flatlands baby! xoxo

THANK YOU!!

i just wish i could sleep and that i would stop having a migraine! thank goodness the nurse called and said my meds for it is OK to take (i was told I wasn't allowed anything more than Tylenol for 2 weeks prior to surgery, including NO ALCOHOL).

I should be starting my period any day, which is the cause of the Migraine, and i'm happy to get it over with BEFORE surgery, but still....it's been going on 6 days of it and still no sign of TOM!

anyone else couldn't sleep this far out? i'm hoping it the migraine and that when it's over, i will sleep better.

we just got a new bed and the first night i slept WONDERFUL....the next day is when my head started and it has gotten worse every night! i woke up at least 8 times last night!

anyhow....everything is paid for, not backing out now! LOL

i had my 2 week pre-op (we did it over the phone so i didn't have to drive 2 1/2 hours just to 'go over' all the paper work i've been having for a few weeks already)

I should get my prescriptions in the mail any day now.

my next appointment is April 6th, the day before surgery at 3:45.

They will schedule all my follow up visits and tell me what time to be at the surgery center.

we are staying at a hotel near the office. too bad i can't start the valium the night before! that would help me sleep better! LOL

This time next week, i should be all done and resting in recovery!!

The nurse just called to tell me i have to be there at 6:15 next wednesday!

I hope i can sleep between now and then...i don't know how with all the excitement!

I need to take some before pics. A friend of mine said, 'take really good before pics and it will remind you WHY you did this when you start thinking, 'WHY THE HELL DID I DO THIS TO MYSELF?'"

LOL

TODAY is the day that i have my surgery!

I have been waking up every hour since 1:30! Finally at 4:30 i got up and took a shower!

i have to be at the surgery center for 6:15, surgery is suppose to start around 7. Someone is suppose to call hubby about half way through to let him know how things are going.

he said he SHOULD finish around 2:30.

I'll be in Recovery for about an hour or so, then they will get me back to the hotel and settled in.

The Dr. will come to the hotel tomorrow morning to check on me.

i will have another Dr. appointment Friday morning.

Saturday morning we will check out and go back home.

The nerves have finally kicked in!!

Wannab:

Hope things went well. Rest and recover and remember it's a time to baby yourself even if you get super-bored.

Take care. I look forward to seeing your pics.

Sue