Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LADY OF THE VINES--how are you?

Hey Crystal,

How are you doing with your schoolin' and all your "Slow Losers" frustrations these days? (If you even still qualify.) Seems like we haven't heard much about you lately --or perhaps there are just SO MANY THREADS here I missed something. Anyway, I found myself wondering how you are and was going to PM you, but then I thought other people might want to know also--and you always have such wise and consequential things to say-- that I thought I'd just toss in the topic.

ALSO... this has probably been asked before, but exactly where does the "Vinesqueen" monicker come from? (Of course the Queen part is obvious.)

In other words... thinking of you,

It's funny that you would post this Kare because I have been thinking a lot about our dear one lately too!!!

I was also going to PM you Vines, but since this was already posted, I'll go ahead and extend my loving thoughts your way here.

You've been on my mind a lot lately, and just having a lot of thoughts geared towards my gratitude for who you are and what you mean to me. You're certainly a kind and generous person whom I hold very dear. I love your wit, and laugh often because of it.

I thought it good to extend my appreciation of you your way, and to let you know just how special you are to me.

I hope that you're having a super weekend!!!

Miss Vines -

I was wondering about the Belly Dancing (eh-hem. Excuse me, Middle Eastern Dancing) classes. How is that going?

Are the skinny dance majors being nice? Is your teacher good. Have you got Rock Hard Abs yet?

And, yes - I also would love to hear any story behind the screen name, Oh Queen of the Green & Twiny.

:]

(blush)

Gosh, thanks, for thinking about me! I've just been really busy with midterms. I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew some days. I'm taking 19 credits, including 4 in calculus and 3 in accounting, plus I have a student job for 20 hours a week. One of my classes is only one credits, but it takes up 6 hours every Saturday of in-class time.... I was feeling really, really overwhelmed, so something had to give.

And Kids, go to University while you are young, it is infinately easier to pull those all nighters at 20 or even 30. It just plain sux at 40...

My dance class is shaping up nicely... and shaping up my nicely too. :( The teacher is quite good, but a little intimiaded by me, I've been doing this longer than she's been alive, or at least that's what it feels like. I started taking belly dancing classes 25 years ago... The skinny dancers have realize that even though I weigh about 100 pounds more than they do, and I'm stiffer than they are... they still can't move the same way I can. :D The weirdest thing is that they, as dancers, don't know how to "feel" the music. They all want to count it out... But Middle Eastern music isn't 4/4 or even 3/4... It's pretty funny watching some of the really skinny ones try to move. And I'm mean because I don't want to show them how to be better because they wouldn't listen to me anyway. :)

I do have rock hard abs. Unfortuantely, my abs are wrapped in a Water heater blanket insulation. So, no one knows I actually have abs.. that's it, I have stealth abs! The newest craze! Yeah, that's the ticket! This Friday I have an appointment for a fitness evaluation and they will help me figure out what calories I should be getting. 1200 I wasn't losing, 1000 I did lose, but then I lost my restriction and 1000 is too hard to do on my own.

I had my 3rd fill a couple of weeks ago, and this afternoon I'm going to make an appointment for a 4th fill, an additional .5 ccs. that would put me at about 3.2ccs. I haven't weighed myself this week, or even last week, but I don't feel like I've lost anything.

Oh, and for my alias. Vinesqueen comes from the network operating system, Banyan Vines. I was testing Windows '98, 3rd party networks, and my network was 16bit Banyan Vines, as opposed to the 32 bit version. (although I was an expert on that NOS as well).

Anyway, after testing Vines with Windows '98 in Japanese, Korean, German, Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified, and finding good solid bugs in all those various languages, I realized that I knew more about the combination of Win 98 & Vines than anyone on the face of this planet. I could have tested it in Klingon and found bugs. I was, quite litterally, Queen of Banyan Vines. So, that's why I chose Vinesqueen.

I love to garden, but its more a geek thing than a plant thing. :D

Stealth Abs - ok. I want those. Even if they don't show, they will help with the horrid back pain that I have today. A little gardening can be dangerous if you have Ghost Abs, like me.

I bet those little 20-somethings are seething with envy. Have any of them ASKED for help? I guess if they can't bring themselves to admit that you are better than them, they don't deserve your great teachings.

Hmmmm. I can feel the music. I wonder whether there are any of those classes offered round these parts? I will have to find out.

19 credits is pretty energetic... but I guess you are trying to get DONE so you can be a Stay at Home (as in your own STATE) Wife.

Good luck with everything!!

:]

(blush)

Oh, and for my alias. Vinesqueen comes from the network operating system, Banyan Vines.

Oh yeah, that's what I thought.

NOT. (lol)

We shudda had a contest guessing that one.

That's quite a schedule. Just ONE math class would have me reaching for a razor blade. Anyway, I'm glad you're just busy and not lying-low for some other reason.

It's kind of funny how much I feel like I personally "know" people on this forum and kind of look for them to be hanging-out with their converstations and comments. I can't believe I've only been here since June. It seems like I've known y'all forever!

The Web --and LBT--is truly a wonderful place!