Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I've failed. Have just done AWFUL! And am so bummed out and upset with myself, I'm having a hard time turning it around....

Had surgery on 9-4-09, just had second fill on Monday. (6ccs total in a 10cc band). Today, I started the day out going to McDonald's for an ice tea, and ordered biscuts and gravy. (Felt bad about this choice, but then got over it and re-committed to making better choices for the rest of the day). Then, the ladies at work kept hounding me to eat a piece of pizza with them for lunch and I failed and gave in....I ate a huge piece of pepperoni, greasy pizza. Then, I felt like such a failure for not sticking to my plan, I stopped at McDonald's on the way home and ate a double cheeseburger!!!!

I am so upset! I fell back into hold habits again today, and it's the first itme in 9 weeks! Why today??? What is going on with me? Why did I allow this to happen?

Why did I even get the Lap Band if I'm not going to work the plan and make lifestyle choices???

Ugh, any thoughts on how to turn this around? I am really feeling down about myself....

You are human therefore subject to mistakes.

You just start anew. What has happened has happened and beating yourself up for it isn't going to help. You have got to find a way to stick to your plan. Have healthy foods readily available and stick to eating those foods.

Avoid the drive thru period if good choices are too hard for you to make. If going to lunch with friends is too difficult for you to make good choices or you are weak to peer pressure then avoid those lunches with friends or co-workers. A good friend would not twist your arm to eat bad foods. A good friend would encourage you to order something healthy when they know you had lap band surgery not encourage you to eat greasy pizza.

Now if you continually cave-in to peer pressure or to your own weakness perhaps you need to consider seeing a therapist who specializes in the area of obesity and behavioral modification.

The biggest thing here is you have got to believe in yourself and make healthier food selections. Going to McDonald's doesn't mean you have to order the most fattening thing on the menu. I've been eating at McDonald's Monday - Friday for the past several months. I order 3 pieces of chicken selects. That's it...no fries....no drink...just chicken and still manage to lose weight.

JUST DO IT!

Maybe you were feeling deprived, especially since this is the only time you've gone off your plan like this. Instead of depriving yourself for months and then splurging on all the wrong things, eat the thing you crave in moderation. Having a piece of pizza with co-workers every so often isn't going to ruin your weight loss (though you may not be able to have crust too much longer). So don't get down on yourself--that just makes you splurge more and feel like a failure like you did today! Don't have 3 splurges in one day, more like one or two a week. All things in moderation.

You have not failed my dear. As it has been said many times the band is just a tool, that helps in the feeling of fullness. It does not however sort out our relationship with food. It seems to me it might be a good idea to talk to someone, maybe counselling? Please don't be so hard on yourself. You took a major step in getting the band- the physical part of the equation. Maybe it's time to consider working on the mental componant (which is huge) Good luck!

Please don't be so hard on yourself. Just take steps to do better tomorrow. Prepare ahead of time and plan on what to eat daily. It's a long journey and you can do it. Just start over!