Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BOTTOMLESS PIT! Is that normal?!

Lately I've been feeling like a bottomless pit. I blogged about it here: Following my Dreams, One by One: Bottomless Pit

I'm wondering if you guys are having the same issues post-surgery (about a month)? Can you please visit my blog, read, and let me know if I'm normal and sane?! lol

I basically feel like I haven't even been banded. It's crazy! Hope to hear from you soon, thanks. :thumbup:

Completely normal and frustrating my banded friend... Just do the best you can, it's all about will power right now until you start your fills. It gets better and don't get down on yourself! :thumbup:

I've had two fills and could eat the dog (if I had one). It's all about keeping your eye on the goal, working hard, & not giving up. You can do it. Just hang tight until you get enough fills.

Very normal! You don't have any restriction so you have to rely on will power.

Once you reach good restriction you wont be very hungry at all. You may still have "head hunger" to deal with but real hunger wont be nearly as bad.

Hang in there, this is the hardest part.

Thanks for the words of encouragement - it's good to know that this is completely "normal"! I was worried lol.

I am there with you. I was banded 2 1/2 weeks ago. Still on the pureed stage and absolutely starving. I'm hungry when I'm done eating and continue to be hungry all day. Can't wait for that first fill (week after Thanksgiving), hoping it will give me some restriction. I feel like if I could just eat solids I wouldn't be so hungry but I'm scared to death of what would happen. Two more weeks of the pureed and I'm hanging in there. I'm really sticking to the diet, and started walking this week, 30 minutes a day and I'm just not losing. Very frustrating.

I have felt the same way the last 2 days. I am almost 2 weeks out and was feeling great restriction at first. I was getting full off of the Clear Liquids I was drinking. I started mushies this week and all of the sudden I started feeling hungry in between meals and was eating a cup or more of food at each meal. I have been really worried about this as well, so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

If you all would beef up your Protein and cut back on the carbs, you will feel less hungry. Here is a suggestion I found here in the forum.

GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60

60 grams of Protein. that is really cool.

We tend to have too many carbs while on liquids because we don't know what else to do. If you can find ways to cut them out as I did, the hunger is much less. You don't have restriction yet though, so of course you will have it after you reach the "sweet spot". The protein helped me a lot!!! Hope you guys feel better soon.

I feel the same way, this must be bandster hell! It's not so much that I am hungry but that I don't feel full...EVER. No restriction. Not even a little! I tolerate ANYTHING. No problems. I too have thought that maybe they forgot to band me or maybe this is some big joke!

I started back on my low carb, high Protein diet (which is the ONLY diet that has EVER given me any results). Also, I beefed up my workouts in the last week. The scale has not budged! I am just hoping to loose just a few pounds before my next appt. I will definitly be getting a fill at my appt on the 18th!

Hang in there! There is plenty in the trenches with you!:)

I'm right there with all of you. I had surgery 7 weeks ago with one 3cc fill ( restriction only for that day. But it felt great) Back to beibg able to eat anything and not full on 3/4c of food. Stopped losing weight about 3 weeks ago. Very frustrating:frown: I get another fill on the 18th of Nov. , hopefully restriction. Holidays are tough enough as it is. Wishing all of you some restriction too. Barb

I feel the same way, this must be bandster hell! It's not so much that I am hungry but that I don't feel full...EVER. No restriction. Not even a little! I tolerate ANYTHING. No problems. I too have thought that maybe they forgot to band me or maybe this is some big joke!

I started back on my low carb, high Protein diet (which is the ONLY diet that has EVER given me any results). Also, I beefed up my workouts in the last week. The scale has not budged! I am just hoping to loose just a few pounds before my next appt. I will definitly be getting a fill at my appt on the 18th!

Hang in there! There is plenty in the trenches with you!:)

Low carb is a good idea for the rest of your life anyway. It is the healthiest way.

I read a lot on this forum about people being unsatisfied because they don't feel full. I don't either, but I like that I can eat 1 1/2 cups, walk away and feel amazingly less hungry for the next few hours. I think that for some people, hunger is the absense of feeling stuffed. I read some stuff in forums that made me rethink my definition of satisfied back before I was even banded. Maybe this need to feel stuffed was my problem from the start, but obviously, I wasn't able to figure it out pre-band. Have a great Weekend everyone.!!!!:cursing:

It's nice to hear all this positive information it helps me so much, I have been feeling the same way and now have come to the understanding that its ok not to feel stuffed. I was thinking something was wrong but i do think i need a lil more cc's.

It's nice to hear all this positive information it helps me so much, I have been feeling the same way and now have come to the understanding that its ok not to feel stuffed. I was thinking something was wrong but i do think i need a lil more cc's.

I understand that finding the correct fill is tricky at times. My daughter was banded two years ago and still sometimes needs adjustments. She just recently had an unfill after losing 95 lbs. Maybe women fluctuate more than men, but I don't know about that. I am only 7 weeks out and I already need a fill. My daughter and I have 4cc bands which means we won't need a lot of fill any time. If you think you need more, then it is wise to get more, but be aware that if you are too tight you won't lose any faster. That is the biggest lesson I have learned on this and other forums. Obviously we are creatures who believe that if a little is good, then a whole lot is better, or we would not need bands. Starving is counterproductive. Our metabolism will slow us down to protect us so we need to have a balance. Keep up the good work and hang in there. :w00t: