Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did not sign up for this!

I was the same, but I also had a hiatal hernia repair done also. But I can tell you the pain was 10x worse than I expected. I was barely able to get out of bed to go to the bathroom, and it hurt so bad to stand upright. It does get better, but it has been much slower than I expected also. I think I had so much swelling that caused it to be worse because i gained 16 lbs while in the hospital, and all I had was SF Popsicles and Water.< /p>

I'm sure the reason you felt so miserable is from the 3cc in your band. I don't know why some surgeons do this. Not all do.

I'm glad you are feeling better. Restriction should come slowly so you have time to adjust.

Donna

My band had some fill when I left and most of the pain I felt was from the gas they blow your abdomen up with, I was def. getting lifted in and out of bed for a couple of days, but every day got a little better.

I am surrised with how different everyone's post op diet it. I was banded Oct 8... Thursday... I was on clear liquids until Tuesday and my main goal was to get in 30-40 oz... I did this with Water, G2, Jello and broth. When I finally moved to full liquids it took me an hour to drink a prepacked Atkins drink.. the swelling in my stomach made it feel tighter. As the swelling went down the easier it was to drink. I'm 4 weeks out and I have some restriction, which is nice and as I move into "thicker" foods I am staying fuller longer.

I don't think a lot of people are prepared for the pain from the gas, that was pretty intense.

oh and I asked my doc about having any fill in the band... he said everyone is different and the band sizes differ and everyone's stomach is different... I think sometimes they put a little fill just to keep it in place. I couldn't walk upright for several days either, but I expected that, esp since they cut into your stomach...

this is nothing compared to the Tummy Tuck my mom got... they cut her from hip to hip she was out of work 8 weeks and couldn't stand up straight for most of that.

Thank you so much for all of your kind replies. The support REALLY helps. I feel better since the 3 ccs of saline were removed. Still in alot of pain from gas under my left rib cage. Any miracles for this problem?

Lisa

walking will help, i also used gas x strips and got back rubs from my girl friend..... soft protein: tuna, canned chicken, greek yogurt, refried Beans, deviled ham, soft fish like tilapia