Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 9/23 had 2nd fill and have a restriction ?

I was banded on 9/23. I have lost 20lbs, but not because I have been feeling any restriction. I am using sheer will power to get this weight off.

I had my second fill last thrusday and I felt some restriction right after, but I was on liquids and mushies for 2 days.

Saturday I tried to eat and got stuck after 1 bite at every meal and the food had to come up. I even thought for a brief second that the band might have been too tight, but then..........

Sunday....no restriction at all. I was able to eat any foods that I wanted from shrimp to white meat chicken and salad and did not feel any restirction....I mean none

Why would this happen??

today not feeling any either....

Hi Pookiemp --- I had surgery on 8/26/09 -- have had two fills 10/6 & 10/30.. I don't think I've had restriction like it should be. I'm eating still, I get full after eating, for example today I had a bowl (1 cup) of chili and some oyster crackers. I was about half way through the chili and stopped. I sat for a while talking at lunch and then I felt sick at my stomach, is this restriction? If so it was horrible. Other than that I'm able to eat still. I'm still new at this restriction feeling and not sure if I'm having it or not. Everything goes down fine. Nothing gets stuck. I just get full and then stop eating. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pookiemp,

I was banded on 9/21 and am having my FIRST fill tomorrow. I wonder why I had to wait so long??? I have lost 27 pounds post surgery and I agree with whomever said they are using sheer willpower to lose weight. I feel like that is the only thing that is restricting me. If I had this willpower maybe I didn't need the band but I know the hard part is going to be to keep the weight off. Good LUck. I am a little nervous about tomorrow regarding pain and I hope I feel some restriction.

Pookiekemp that seems to happen one day I eat alot then I can't eat anything - i think it has to do w/ stress levels, pms etc. who knows what else maybe full moons :)

Pookiemp,

I was banded on 9/21 and am having my FIRST fill tomorrow. I wonder why I had to wait so long??? I have lost 27 pounds post surgery and I agree with whomever said they are using sheer willpower to lose weight. I feel like that is the only thing that is restricting me. If I had this willpower maybe I didn't need the band but I know the hard part is going to be to keep the weight off. Good LUck. I am a little nervous about tomorrow regarding pain and I hope I feel some restriction.

Don't worry about the pain...the numb the area with lidocane and then access the port. The only thing that I felt was just some pressure when he was pusing on my abdomen to feel the port area.

Thanks everyone else...I'm glad I am not the only one!!