Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Diet Blues HELP!!!

Okay so I am five days into the liquid diet and it totally sucks! LOL I keep telling myself its not that long. I know how this will benefit me, but it sucks! LOL I did eat some tuna earlier today. My instructions where if you had to eat something, eat something high protien and low carb. Tuna has no carbs and decent amount of protien plus low cal. and low fat. I hope I didn't screw up too bad. Otherwise I am sticking to the liquids. I tell ya though, I had no idea Tuna could be so good! LOL Does anyone think it hurts to eat tuna?

My surgery is Thurs. in Monterrey Mexico, I leave Tues. I am taking my little mixer with me. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I just want the date to get here!

Sorry to complain about the liquids, but it really sucks. Not too much longer...I know I can do this!!!!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS!!! I love reading your posts!! You are guys are great!

Annie

Hi Annie,

The liquid diet leading up to the surgery is definitely one of the hardest part of getting banded. I wish I had some magic words of advice to tell you, but unfortunately you have to plug away one day at a time. I did find that Protein shakes helped to keep me full so that I didn't go too crazy. I used the low-carb slimfast...

I didn't find the liquid diet as hard to take after surgery. I think it was because I had pretty good restriction even without a fill. And you'll never drop weight this fast again!

Good luck with your surgery - it will be here before you know it!! :)

I didn't do the liquid before the surgery only after. I have did fine. I got tired of the liquides after the surgery also but it is well worth the effort. I have lost more in 4 months than ever in my life before. it is work but so much easier than before. It is not the easy way out as some think but the only way out for some like myself. just hang in there it will be over before you know it.. I kinda enjoy the liquids now they are so easy and satisfying..

The liquid phase sucks for sure, but it's done for good reason. The less fatty your liver is, the easier the surgery will be for both the surgeon and yourself.

I will admit that I did cheat once pre banding - I had a last meal, the night before surgery and damn was it good LOL.

Not much longer to go now - you can do this! Good luck with it all :)

I can empathize with you, it is not easy. I swear, one time when I was on a liquid fast I caved in and had a piece of lettuce............cell........by.......cell....it seemed. This too will pass, drink lots of Water and keep busy. Also, take naps, even if it is just a ten min. catnap.

Thanks for the reply guys, your support is amazing. I just feel like I am starving to death! The problem lies because I am not a big shake person. I have never really been. I like ice cream and shakes but not often, luckily not a big sweet tooth. So with the protien shakes being sweet, but they are good. I just have a horrible time at downing them. I know this part is all psychological but all I do is think about food! I know I will get past this, but damn it sucks!

Your support is wonderful, what would I do without these boards. Does the protien intake have to be liquid?

I didn't have to do liquids prior to surgery either. The two weeks after were not easy, but I survived and you will too. Try to keep busy, and yes those tv commercials, it will seem like everyone of them is about food. Things you haven't thought about eating in months will all of a sudden make your mouth Water.

We've all been through it, if you get really desperate, chew and spit, LOL. When I got really hungry, I opted for hard candy, s/f popcicles, Jello, (I hope I never have to eat another Jello).

Hang in there it's worth it in the long run.