Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so confused... i was banded on the 15th of october. i thought i had done enough research on the band and the doc but i guess not enough. he is so confusing... i did good the first week and even lost 10 pds... the second week i was getting hungry all the time... i tried really hard not to drink too much or anything.. only lost 2 pds... i keep getting hungry all the time and he says no food until my first fill 6-8 weeks post... omg... i dont know if i can wait that long.. is that even healthy... i started cheese eggs on my own and that is good but now i am afraid to tell the doc... so not sure what i should i do.... he ignored my pain after surgery and my not being able to sleep.. i have lost confidence in him and myself at this point... :Yawn:

Hi Sassy. Welcome to LBT.

I've seen a few people say their surgeons keep them on liquids for up to four weeks post-op. I was on mushies starting at two weeks, but I think I could have managed with full liquids if I was allowed to use some of the great Protein shake recipes I've seen on this site. Are you allowed to add bananas, Greek yogurt and various other fruits to your shakes (if you're even drinking them)? There are some recipes that sound pretty filling. Also, I would rely heavily on blended black bean Soup (if you're allowed the consistency that can pass through a straw). I also read a Salsa pumpkin Soup recipe that sounded like it could be whipped up to whatever consistency you're allowed to have by adding more broth. I believe it contained corn, which I would leave out at your stage of healing. There's a whole nutrition and recipe forum here on LBT that might give you some ideas. Good luck, and hang in there!!

thanx for advice... i have been drinking slimfast and having Jello and pudding.. sugar free... i added the cheese eggs on my own... no problem digesting.. i also cheated the other night.. two week celebration i guess and had some grilled salmon that just melted in my mouth... also no problems.... i have no Fluid in the band at the moment.. i am not understanding why i cant have mush or chewed really well Protein food..... i am going to keep cheating once a day.. i know it... i felt so much better with one small protein meal... had the energy to do things again... i know i am wrong but i just dont trust him anymore(doc). I have had no heartburn or throwing up at all.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches