Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone

I am just wondering if anyone has PCOS and got lap band and how things are working out. Anyone on meds associated with PCOS? Any symptoms or do they disappear once you have lost weight. It would be great to be able to talk with people who have PCOS and had Lap band surgery.

hey there,

so I have PCOS but who doesnt nowadays..i was put on metformin once but got off of it.. and was also given spirolnoldactone but again got off of it.. not a fan of pills really..

in any case my only form of treatment is birth control pills.. no change yet,,but isnt that the way this thing is.. pain pain in the ass!! :sad:

but ive done plenty of research and it seems its a condition that just needs to be managed. weight management is #1 treatment.. so i hope when i get closer to goal.. i have 50 pounds to go.. perhaps then ill see a change..

personly not a fan of pills i hear metofrmin helps with sugarand lose weight.. but hey you got lapband so no need for extrra pills there,,

I hope that helped.

keep me posted..

Hey everyone

I am just wondering if anyone has PCOS and got lap band and how things are working out. Anyone on meds associated with PCOS? Any symptoms or do they disappear once you have lost weight. It would be great to be able to talk with people who have PCOS and had Lap band surgery.

Hi there- I also have PCOS. I am scheduled to be banded 11/12 however ,everytime I have lost a significant amount of weight in the past (50lbs or more) I have had fantastic results with symptoms going away. I do seem to have better results when I watch my sugar intake very closely. My cycle becomes regular, slows hair growth, the acne goes away completely. I also have seen a decrease of symptoms with age. I am turning 40 and was DX (finally) at age 26. Good luck and keep us posted on your success!

I was diagnosed with PCOS almost 10 years ago. I'm now 26. I had my lapband surgery in July 09 and I'm down 32 lbs. I haven't had a big change in symptoms yet but hopefully that will change. I have had a really tough time with my periods over the years and then after I got married I started testing and now I'm having trouble ovulating. I have been put on Metformin, Provera and other drugs to help. I also was put on Fertility drugs last year and was successful at getting pregnant but I wasn't producing enough progestrone and lost the baby at 2 months. I'm hoping this will help with having children. I wish you all the luck with the PCOS and band.

Hi, I am 26 years old and was diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago and was banded July of 2008. I have lost 70 pounds and I am still going I started at 260 or so and now at 190. I take my pills on a regular basis metformin, spirolnoldactone, and birth control. Honestly I am afraid to go off as I hate the symptoms it. My endo says that once I reach my goal weight of 135, then we will talk about going off meds to see what happens. I will say this much my dosages have all got lower and my sugar has truly regulated itself as I use to have to check it up to 7 times a day and now I check it 3 times a day. I will say this much. PCOS runs my life and now it truly doesn't. Losing weight helps with self esteem greatly as most of you know weight is a big problem with PCOS. Previously, if you asked my friends and co-workers about me they would say PCOS. As I am extremely open with the people around me as I have my down moments which are now so much less, as I now blend in with the world instead of being the outcast from the PCOS symptoms. My lap band surgery truly saved my life!!!!!!! Now on for the last 60 pounds and my first marathon in January. Just remember if you set your mind to something you can do it!!!Good luck.