Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 days post op...are these hunger pains????

Hi all!!

I was banded on the 19th and just getting around to the hang of things! I had not felt real hunger until today!! I was in Target in the cracker aisle (yummmmmmm) and I knew I was hungry but all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain that felt like hunger pains!! They wrapped around my back and they were terrible!! Im still on the full liquid diet which has been ok, but I was starving!! I understand what I can and can't eat, but How much am I supposed to be eating??? How do I know if Im eating too much or too less??? Please help!!!!

I was also banded on the 19th and I've been having hunger pains for the past 3 days. I'm just absolutely starving. I saw my surgeon yesterday and told him and he said this was a good thing, swelling is going down. I'm told the reason we're hungry is that the full liquids and even the pureed when we start it really don't stick around in the pouch. They are only a little thicker than liquids which can easily go right through. So unfortunately we're just going to be hungry until we're able to start eating actual food, which works better with the band, then shortly after that, hopefully, our first fill which will really make a difference. I was also told to keep up the Protein which will help with the hunger but so far I haven't noticed that. I've been doing frequent small meals to help with it and I'm still losing about a pound a day. Good luck on your journey.

that advice helped!! what do u eat on a daily basis! let me give u my diet today

Breakfast---protein shake

snack--cream of whear

lunch-mashed potatoes(small)and pudding

snack yogurt

By 530 I was starving!!!!!!!!!!!

isnt that a lot of food? ?

That depends on how much your eating at once. Here is what I've been doing.

Breakfast-cream of wheat with soy milk or yogurt

snack-Protein shake or pudding with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury

Lunch-cream of chicken or cream of potato Soup without the potatoes. I tried mixing in Unjury (unflavored) and it tasted awful

snack - hot tea or sugar free hot cocoa with unjury or yogurt or pudding

dinner - cream Soup or mashed potatoes/gravy

Tonight, since I start my pureed diet in the morning, I cheated a little and added an ounce of pureed chicken breast to my mashed potatoes and gravy. Took the 30 minutes to eat it and OH MY GOD it tasted heavenly. I ate it 2 1/2 hours ago and I'm just now starting to get hungry. I might have some hot tea now since I haven't had any yet today. I also bought some Isopure in the bottles, the mango wasn't too bad, I'm having a hard time getting in my Protein because I'm sick to death of the unjury. The chocolate is pretty good, but unflavored actually has a flavor and I can't stand the smell anymore.

Oh wow!

You are getting a lot of Protein in! Im only doing one protein shake!! Maybe I should do 2 or 3! But I just hate them! Im just using the powder whey protein(vanilla),half a banana, skim milk and ice! maybe thats why im so hungry!! I just dont wanna overeat!

It's hard. They said to get as close to 60g of Protein per day. I'm trying. The Isopure in the glass bottle has 40g. One of those a day and you've about got it. Plus its 20oz of your liquids for the day. You can get it at GNC or online. Good luck.

kelleeelliott~I have to say when I read your post it gave me the giggles!...I haven't been banded yet...but am scheduled on 11-18....the whole hunger pains in the cracker aisle just cracked me up!..That will be me!....Thanks for the laugh!!:thumbup:

lol! i walked down all the food aisle...saying ooooh that looks good!!! i wish i can eat that! yum!!!

I think the hunger is pretty normal!

One thing that has helped me, and I've been doing it from the very beginning is keeping a log of what I eat. I do it on fitday.com but there are a lot of sites. You search for your foods (or you can make a custom food), add them to your food log and it will calculate your calories, as well as percentage of carbs, fat, Proteins, etc. You can also track your weight on there. This helps me to know if I am eating too much. You can also measure things (either with a scale or with a cup measure). That way you know if you are eating a cup of food (or however much you are trying to eat). Good luck!