Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gurgling embarrassment

Since my last fill, I've had the gurgling thing going on alot. Normally, this wouldn't bother me, as I'm quite used to it. My hubby always gets a good giggle from it. But this week, I started training my replacement (I'm moving into a new section of the company). Her laptop has not come in yet, so we've both been working off mine, side by side. The gurgling is soooooooooooooo loud and embarrassing, that I feel like crawling under the table at times.

I realize that this can sometimes be a symptom of being too tight, but honestly, I don't feel too tight - more, just right. So does anyone have any ideas on how to quieten this beast in my esophagus?

I'm sorry, I don't have any ideas for quieting the beast! Maybe some music...?

If I were you, I'd laugh, explain that you have a very sensitive stomach, and move on. I know it's embarrassing, but it's better than pretending that you haven't heard anything. Good luck! :D

you could always ask her if it was HER tummy making the noise... :D Honestly, the funniest noise from me was when my gurgling sounded like a creaking door.

I think we jsut have to grin and bear it. unless you want to swallow a sponge, WHICH IS NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!:D

Yup, big gurgles over here too. VERY embarassing. I usually just laugh, shrug and say "sorry!"

I find I'm SUPER gurgly when I've eaten and something is kinda sorta semi stuck, not so much to make me PB, but enough for me to cease eating. Then as I wait it out....gurgle city in my belly.

Yes- that would be a hard situation. I think the advise given so far is all really good. I too have the gurgles when I am just about stuck but not quite. Than as it passes the gurgles let me know all is well.

My extra two cents would be to not eat for at least 1/2 before sitting down w/her and or just try & sip liquids only when training her. Best of luck.

One time this really shy pregnant girl at work needed something at my desk. She bent over my desk, and a huge fart ripped out. The poor thing nearly died and avoided me for months. I felt sorry for her.

The point is, we are all gross people. We have boogers and belly button lint. We pooh-pooh and pee pee and have ear wax. Don't let gurgles embarass you. Just let people know you are an alien, and if they look at you funny you'll eat their head.

Oh gosh I thank my lucky stars I have never farted in public. Well not audibly anyway, lol.

My mother is doing it an awful lot lately though, if she can pretend it didnt happen then you can too!

This happens to me at work in the morning. I drink 16oz of Water first thing in the morning. I walked down the hall the other day and one of the doctors started laughing and said OMG was that your stomach, we both just laughed. But it was soooo loud and long. My stomach has done it with patients too.

:D

Thanks everyone, for your advice!! A miracle occurred yesterday, when her new laptop arrived a few days early LOL. Now I'm back at my own desk with no one to hear my damn esophagus *g*

Oh gosh I thank my lucky stars I have never farted in public. Well not audibly anyway, lol.

Years ago......one of my best friends worked in the office w/me and 4 other women. I got up, went to the filing cabinet and pfffffffft one slipped right out. I didn't think anyone heard. So I went back to my desk la la la la la and my so called friend says on the top of her lungs "DID YOU FART" Talk about being mortified!!! I just looked at the other women then her and said "NO, YOUR SICK"

I slapped her all the way to the parking lot that day LOLOL !!!

Some times, it just happens :)