Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Counting down until October 24

Hi all,

I have been on this website almost daily for the last month or so. It is so informative, almost addicting. I finally have my surgery date October 24th! Yeah!

Just a little about myself...

I am 31 and have 2 beautiful little girls (ages 3 & 10 months), I have a husband that is supportive of me doing this (In fact he will be having the surgery sometime in the beginning of 2006), work full time, and taking internet classes to better myself.

Since I have had my second daughter I have realized how important life is and how I want to be here and be healthy to spend as much quality time with them as I can. So a few months ago I decided that my life would be different by the time I am 32, which will be by next May. When I say different I mean it. So far I have had breast reduction surgery, sold my house and am waiting for my new house to be completed (should be by the middle of November :D ), bought a new car and now am going to have lapband surgery. I couldn't be happier, well, I could be and will be once I loose the weight! For so long I have sat back and said eventually I"ll do this or one day I'll do that, now I am actually doing everything I have always wanted to but never put forth the effort to do.

I am hoping to be able to be up around by Halloween so that I can take the girls trick-or- treating. I'll be a week out of surgery. I should be fine don't you think???

Well I suppose that's my life in a nutshell. I'm sure I'll be talking to you guys soon.

Take care...

Hello! Welcome to LBT! Sounds like you are starting a very adventuresome journey! New house, new car, both surgeries... How did the reduction go? Did it take a while to recover?

Congratulations on setting your date for Lap Band surgery... I had my surgery this past Monday morning 10/10... http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10607

I am feeling better and better by the day, the most important thing is to not do too much (I learned the hard way). AND, remember to take the pain meds every 4 hours (learned this the hard way too, the pain was making me very nauseas). I've slept in the recliner for the past 3 nights and plan to for a couple more just to be safe. I was expecting to go back to work today, but wanted to give myself one more day of rest. My abdomen is still very sore, and getting in and out of chairs is particularly difficult... in trying not to bend at the stomach, I've been squatting into the chair and this has made my calves very sore... but I also suffer from occasional leg cramps, so it might be because I have not had enough potassium in the past 3 days.

I'd be willing to bet that you will feel just fine taking your children trick-or-treating by 10/31... you may feel a little winded, but once your 2 or 3 days post surgery - try taking a short walk down the street (even for just 2 minutes).. go a little bit further each day.

Congratulations on making this important decision for yourself, it's great that your husband is supportive and even considering this journey himself!

All the best,

I too am Oct 24th. I also recently made a job change. It's funny how when you start making positive choices and moving the pieces of your life around how one good turn leads to another! Keep that positive energy turning ! Best wishes!

Congratulations to you Karla, I'm glad to hear you are doing so good. I like to think I recover pretty well from surgeries. I have had 2 c-sections, with the 2nd one I was ready to go home the same day, unfortunately they wouldn't let me :-( And with the breast reduction I did go home the same day and was back to work after 2 weeks. It really went pretty well. I hear you about not doing too much. I tend to try too much to soon and can be pay for it later on. Which sucks but I will survive! I can't wait to see your progress. Aren't you so excited????

And Bandayed - woo hoo. Aren't you looking forward to the 24th??? 11 days and counting! I wish you all the luck in the world.

Just wanted to wish you both the best of luck on the 24th ladies!! :):):)

That final countdown is so nerve-wracking and exciting, but it'll be here before you know it!

Great date ladies, you have picked a very lucky day because......THATS MY B-DAY!!!! I am going to get my belly-button pierced and I MIGHT decide to get a tattoo!!!! Goodluck.

I am excited for you! I am also going to be an October bandster. You must feel great for taking control of things in your life and knowing that you have the power to make changes! Good Luck and I am sure I will be seeing you around here!