Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

Hi everyone/I will get banded on 12/18/09 ..kind of nervous but excited as well.. I'm looking forward to share my journey with you guys...God bless!:thumbup:

As for the pre-op diet, I asked my doctor's nurse about it and the dietician and they said that they don't require a specific brand, but, that the Protein has to be twice as much as the carbs. They weren't too specific about calories, but, I'm trying to keep them under 200-220 calories. My 30th birthday is Nov. 28th.... I think I'll get the cake batter flavored Muscle Milk Light :thumbup:

I buy EAS Protein whey mix at costco and put it in my Magic Bullet. Works great and tastes good. I believe It's around 220 cals but a whooping 27 grams of protein per serving.

For Vitamins, I was told that they HAD to be specifically for bariatric surgery patients. I tried the Bariatric Advantage brand and REALLY didn't care for them. I tried Celebrate Bariatric Vitamins and they were a LOT better and they're a little cheaper. They gave us info today about optisource vitamins with a sample and they're good too, so, I'll look into them.

:drool:

I found Viactiv chewable vitamins at Target. They come in chocolate. They also make the Calcium too. That's what I will take.

Isn't it funny how each of our doctors can be so different and yet use the same band?

I'm a December Bandster as well.:thumbup: I will be getting surgery on the 1st in Mexico with Dr. Zapata. I'm going by myself so if anyone else will be there please let me know.

This is going pretty quickly for me. I decide to go thru with it today and got my financing, flight, and surgery date all in one day. I look forward to going through this experience with you all.

Good Luck to everyone!!!

I'm new to this. I'm scheduled for December 11th. I start my liquid diet the day after Thanksgiving. I feel for you having to quit smoking. I did it 7 years ago. Hardest thing I've ever done!

The December list continues to grow! Hello and welcome to everyone. I decided to post this now because I have my "edg" (or egd) later today and will be away from the computer. *Illuminationlady - try and take deep breaths in to fill-up your lungs and then slowly release... do that over and over until the urge passes. I find that helps a little. Also, lots of gum! Hang in there!

Week 1

Tuesday, December 1: Melinco (tbd), RandaPanda, TheCutestFatty, terriamn

Wednesday, December 2: garden-nut, yosemite

Thursday, December 3: tbird1211, dmdsanchez, suzycooke, mommymya, sxygma130, Claudean

Friday, December 4: kslessar, KarynA, cent

Week 2

Monday, December 7: lackey4, RadioGirl311, skinnybitch, HappyMe2009

Tuesday, December 8: Zanath

Wednesday, December 9: michelleintheoc, Irishbookworm

Thursday, December 10: msjoachin1

Friday, December 11: Ernieschick

Week 3

Monday, December 14: j-mae, Drasan (tbd), ceecee3272 (tbd)

Tuesday, December 15: voodoo, BigMomma

Wednesday, December 16

Thursday, December 17: librarychick

Friday, December 18: bren5500; policy34

Week 4

Monday, December 21: hunybear53. abbylamb, adagray (tbd)

Tuesday, December 22: illuminationlady

Wednesday, December 23: danielle.hurstcrose

Thursday, December 24

Friday, December 25

Week 5

Monday, December 28: alicia3138

Tuesday, December 29

Wednesday, December 30

Thursday, December 31

Yes, KarynA loooooots of gum. I've been chewing like crazy but I'm three days out now and it has been easier. How do I know? My husband says I'm not as grouchy as the first day. This morning I didn't even think about wanting one first thing out of bed.

Our group is growing!!! Welcome to all the new people and congrats on making the decision to come to a healthy lifestyle. Thanks again to KarynA who started our list. I requested the name of our group be changed to December Bandsters 2009. It took the CEO a while but it finally is correct. Thanks for that. I also requested the thread be made sticky in another email. That should happen soon too.

This is my first time posting and don't know how to put the ticker tape and goodies on my post, can someone help me??

I have a date of 12/3 at 7:30 and I am so excited and can't wait. I went for my nutrition meeting Mon. I start my pre op diet of 2 shakes and a smart ones dinner for 1 week on 11/20 and my liquid diet on Thanksgiving day, boy this will be rough.All I have left to do is attend a support meeting this Thursday and then all I will have to do is just wait.

I'll try and explain. Go to tickerfactory.com and create your ticker. When you are finished copy and paste the entire bottom section of the page. Come back here and click on your name in the top right hand corner of the page. Click on Customize Profile. Click on Edit signature. Copy and paste all of that stuff from tickerfactory. That should do the trick. Have any problems write to us again. Hope this helps.

I am so tempted to call the surgeon's office today to see if they have my consult reports yet and if we can set a date! Wouldn't it be wild if they said they could do it this month and not have to wait until next? Although I think next month would be better. I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my family, and I'd like to be able to eat it (although not everything since I've already started my high protein/low carb diet).

Hmmm. Okay, I'm going to call them!

Ok, I called. They don't have the psych consult yet, plus even if they did, the doctor is out till Monday. I guess I'll go back to being patient! lol

Sorry they don't have the information yet. It is very hard to wait. But it will all be worth it in the end. Just think, next year, this time, you'll be a skinny person!! You'll probably be a December Bandster too. We have a great group of people here. I've got my fingers crossed and saying a little prayer for you!

OK - Add me to the list of December Bansters. I have been reading and waiting for a long time - since April or May. I finally have a surgery date of 12/15/09. I am a little nervous, but also very excited. It is good to see so many of you out there. I know we can all do this together. I will be praying for you all - especially for those of you who have to stop smoking.

Hi,

I am not sure how to digg or furl a post....no idea....I do know that I am hopefully going to be scheduled before the year end. My MD said there should be no problem. I have psych eval on 11.18.09 and he said he could submit to blue cross as soon as he got that report, he will write a letter to insurance which I guess is all they need. He said Blue Cross is fairly easy,just a letter of medical necessity. I am on a liver shrinking diet in the mean time and even though this hasn't been REAL hard, primarily cuz I have cheated a little, but I am really worried about my 7-10 day liquid pre-op diet. I am so on edge as it is with 2 kids, a very unsupportive husband and a very demanding job, and I smoke as well!!! Only 2 to 4 cigs a night to go with the wine I cannot drink anymore!!! I am just afraid that I will pop my cork!!! It would be great to be able to utilize this board and have some people to sound off to....can anyone give me a brief explanation on how to get back to this so I can follow everyone? Also, how do you make a weight loss ticker tape at the bottom of your entry? I am afraid I will not get back here, so I am going to leave my email address (is that allowed?) lwright22@verizon.net. Would appreciate all the help I can get! thanks! Leah

Hi Lalalude,

If you come to the Pre-Op lab band surgery Q&A forum each time, and look for the December Bandsters 2009 thread, you will not have any problems finding us. You can always book mark this thread too.

If you read back through some of the posts in this thread, it will tell you how to do a ticker.

Welcome and good luck!

Welcome LALALUDE! As said before read through the thread for an explination of how to do the diet ticker.

Another way to see any of your own posts is to click on your name in the upper right hand corner of this page. This takes you to your home page. Click on Statistics. There will be a link to all posts you've made or threads you start.

This is an excellent place to find the support you need. I know what you mean about "popping your cork"! I have had many hurdles and I have a supportive husband. I can't imagine living without him. I will pray for you. Keep posting....to everyone. We're in this together!

Hope this helps and Congrats!!!

ps. Thanks to all of you who have supported my Quest to quit smoking. Three days smoke free and counting.....:)