Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone :closedeyes: I thought I should introduce myself to the site. I'm K-Joy, AKA Kristin. I'm 25 and live in GA. I had my surgery on August 14th 2009. So far I have dropped 23 pounds. I had my first fill yesterday and actually found this site while looking for information about them. It definitely helps to hear from other people what their experiences have been. I hope to both help and learn from others! Talk to you all soon!

Hi K-Joy! My name is cmray48; Congrats! I would like to know about everything concerning what you eat, how you felt right after surgery, how you are feeling now, about keeping food down, anything that you can tell me. I afraid and excited too. I am pre-op waiting to get approval from insurance. Thanks a lot.:closedeyes::w00t:

Hi K-Joy -

This is a great site for those of us who have been banded, or who are waiting to be! I was just banded on Monday, and have several weeks until my first fill.

Awesome job on losing 28lbs! Congratulations and welcome to LBT!

Hi K-Joy, welcome to the site! There is alot of support on here and lots of tips and answers for pretty much any question you can ask too. Hope you enjoy it. Congrats on your weight loss and good luck in the future!! :closedeyes:

Nicole

Hello Everyone :closedeyes: I thought I should introduce myself to the site. I'm K-Joy, AKA Kristin. I'm 25 and live in GA. I had my surgery on August 14th 2009. So far I have dropped 23 pounds. I had my first fill yesterday and actually found this site while looking for information about them. It definitely helps to hear from other people what their experiences have been. I hope to both help and learn from others! Talk to you all soon!

HI K

I am from GA too!! Atlanta area??? Great progress... you are so young and have so much ahead of you .... Good luck and keep us aware of your life...

I am waiting, maybe in 4 weeks..

I envy you!!!

TJ

Yay! I'm pretty pumped about already hearing back from people. Thanks for the hello and congrats from everyone! tarajim: I'm actually right on the border of GA + FL. I live in Saint Mary's. My hubby is in the Navy so we're right by the King's Bay Naval Base.

cmray48: I was suuuper nervous/excited before my surgery. I've never had ANY surgery in my life so this was a huge step for me to take. The surgery itself was no problem. I went in, got checked out, had some tests done and before I knew it I was waking up in the recovery room. Right after I was really uncomfortable. I had a hiatal hernia and (so I’ve heard) it makes the recovery a little longer/more painful. My biggest complaints were the pressure I felt in my chest and my shoulder. Both are very common. I would say I finally felt the pressure leave in about three days and felt like myself after a week. The pain medication I got from my Dr. helped A LOT. As far as food is concerned I’ve had to change the way I eat completely. I try to focus on Protein. It’s a good thing I love steak, chicken, and hamburger. My surgeon wants me to try to keep my carbs under 30 a day. Let me tell you… that is NOT easy for me. I love bread, rice, milk and all that stuff. After surgery I was on liquids – I survived on Jello, and popsicles. *haha* Not fun! But once you can have Protein Shakes I would recommend Atkins Advantage. My favorite is the milk chocolate. I’m kinda picky and I’m not a fan of a lot of protein shakes. This one is good! I have not had any problem keeping food down. After this first fill I’m still not sure how I feel. I’ve been on liquids for two days but I’m still nervous about eating! I’m going to post some of my questions on the forum about fills. I hope you get approved for the surgery. If at any point you want to know anything else I’d be happy to try to tell you what my experience has been. I wish I had found this site before my surgery. It helps knowing what other people have gone through!