Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Huge NSV and pictures!!!!

My husand and I just went to Disney for a very late and long overdue honeymoon. We have been married almost 5 years. We both totally love Disney and all things Disney related so of course that is where we went for our little trip. Well we were there one year ago and I have a before and after picture each taken from those trips. My NSV is this:

Usually when we are there I am totally exhausted by the end of the afternoon and we go back to the room and nap and shower (usually hot in Oct there) This trip we didn't have to go back for any naps and one night I actually wanted to go dancing. We didn't but I could have dancewd all night. I did 4 days of Disney (read major theme park walking, 12 miles in one day according to my pedometer) and I was not tired, had NO foot pain and no back pain. I had energy and it felt great!!! Here are my before (Oct 2004) and current (Oct 2005) pictures. There are very few pictures of me as I hate cameras, but I am trying to get better about tracking my weightloss journey. ~Mandy

That is great...I know you were happy. I am sad though...I am 31 and have never been my husband and I are going to go I think for our 10 year..only 4 more years to go. :D

Keep up the great work!!

Great pictures. You are looking awesome. I usually try and get to Disney every few years - might try Disney Paris next month. Its a wonderful place to escape from reality. It sounds like your weight loss is making a wonderful difference in your life. Congratulations. Celeste

Hey there great job, keep up the good work...

Thanks everyone. I love this site. Everyone says, "Oh you ave lost sooo much weight and I never saw it until I did the side by side pictures last night. I did that all by myself too, that is a victory in itself. I know my clothes are getting too big but in the mirror it was hard for me to see. I am going to take a picture once each month to compare. I am so glad I made this post, maybe it will inspire me to keep woring my band. Thanks again for all the kind replies. And for those that have never been to Disney, start planning now, you must go it is the best place on earth to visit. If anyone needs planning help, let me know. I know the place inside and out. Even my 4 year old can get around without guide maps. Disney Rocks~Mandy

Wow had to look twice at your pic's.. You can really tell the differance - You look great and sounds like you had so much fun on your Honeymoon.

Hello from a fellow Disney enthusiast! We go to Disney very often and one of the things (among many, many others) that we love about Disney are all the great restaurants! Dining there has always been a big part of our trips, so I was wondering what it will be like post banding. Where you still able to enjoy some of the things you love, but just in much smaller quantities? I guess places like Chef Mickey's will be out of the question (or at least not worth the cost.)

I am excited about the many positive things like you mentioned, being able to tour the parks longer without getting exhausted and wearing shorts in the parks (I would always were long pants or capris, even on the hottest of days). It will be great.

Congratulations on your fantastic acheivements!

Tink, I was able to enjoy almost everything that I ate pre-banding on this last trip. We even ventured into trying new places. We ate at Crystal Palace and it was totally worth it. I had shrimp and prime rib. The nice thing about the buffet is that if you are having a hard time with the texture of something you can always get something else. We were on the dining plan and it was great. We also did Cinderella's Royal Table the steak was great and I even had an appetizer. I ate the center out of a seafood spring roll. La Cellier was wnderful and I only had one small problem with a too big bite of steak. I was totally able to enjoy the foods just like before. I even had a Mickey Bar, my favorite dessert is a Dole Whip, if you have never had one they are a must. Also Disney is very flexable, I believe if you explained your medical situation they would allow you half portions at a reduced price. I know I have allergies and they worked my dishes around my allergy. If in doubt ask to speak to the chef. ~Mandy