Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Dr. called Jan 12 is my date excited and scared, my sisters date is dec 30. My daughter is 2 lb from pre surgry I am so blesses to have my family to go on this journey.

I can do all things through Christ!!!!!!B)

I have been reading a lot of the comments and a lot of you are talking about your pre-op diet. My surgeon is not requiring this. I'm starting to get worried. My surgery date is set for Jan 4. I did a Barium swallow today (yuck) and had my pre-op blood work done. I go see the nutitionist next week for a final review of my post -op diet.

Stay in touch

Marge.

Northern Mist...

Perhaps Dr. Nizzi is involved in the research U of M bariatric clinic is conducting. I understand that many hospitals in Michigan are participating. Were you asked to join a ten-year study?

Take care and have great results.

1.) What is your current and goal weight?

I don't know at this moment but its up there..

2.) What is your surgery date?

January 22, 2010

(3.) What is your age?

4.) Where do you live?

Mesa AZ

5.) Where are you having surgery?

Phoenix AZ

6.) Who is your doctor?

Dr. Gowan Nirmul

7.) Insurance or self-pay?

Insurance just got approved!!

8.) What was your deciding factor?

My health, I am tired of being overweight and just want to feel good about myself..

I just got my surgery date today! January 11 is MY day! Is it anyone elses too??? I hope I can meet up with a few people on here that we can be real support systems for each other. My family is very supportive...that said...unless you are living it you cant understand it. Lets do this together!

1.What is your current and goal weight? 280/155

2.What is your surgery date? January 11

3.What is your age? 31

4.Where do you live? Mobile area

5.Where are you having surgery? Providence

6.Who is your Doctor?? , Dr. Dyas

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance w/ 10% out of pocket

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I want to have babies! Have a healthy and positive pregnancy and just enjoy my husband and our lives together.

9.What do I want to do after I lose the weight? I want to run just because I can. I want to ride a mechanical bull and not be afraid I cant get on it. I want to climb a rock wall and not be afraid the harness wont fit. I want to ride a roller coaster and not be afraid that the safety bar wont shut. I want to go to the theater and be comfortable in the seats. I just want to live my life...

9.What do I want to do after I lose the weight? I want to run just because I can. I want to ride a mechanical bull and not be afraid I cant get on it. I want to climb a rock wall and not be afraid the harness wont fit. I want to ride a roller coaster and not be afraid that the safety bar wont shut. I want to go to the theater and be comfortable in the seats. I just want to live my life...

I love your post krstjump03! I never want to be rejected in a roller coaster ride again. Actually, i haven't been to a roller coaster in my life, so that's one of the first things I want to do. =)

We have the same operation date - Jan 11, 2010, and I am very excited with my operation. I'm now doing my pre-op diet to shrink my liver a bit to make the operation easy for the doctor. Doing the pre-op diet during the christmas season is HARD, but Jan. 11 is almost there, so no worries!! =)

This morning, I just had a battery of tests in the hospital (bloodwork, chest x-ray, abdominal ultrasound, EKG, etc), as part of my pre-op requirements. Hope everything turns out fine.

How are you guys doing? Anyone here on their pre-op diet already? How are you holding up?

Hey KIKO,

Its funny...it really is the little things that i want to do when I finally have the smaller version of myself. A big one is gonna be shopping in the REGULAR department! I dont start my preop diet until 10 days prior to surgery, but when i do, it will be all liguids for 7 days and then 3 days of clear. And of all things that i am scared of...THATS IT! That is a lot of days of liquids...and i have to be able to work and function during those days...and can you say CRABBY?! Its strange...I am not nervous at all. Just anxious and ready to start this new part of my life. That may change the closer it gets to my surgery date, but so far so good. Are you planning on telling everyone about the surgery? How is your support system? Any concerns or fears about the procedure or afterwards? Take care and stay strong!

Just HAD to post something today to see my ticker counting away the days! I'm SO excited.

Husband bought me a Body Bugg for Christmas. Anyone else looked into those?

Hi,

I;m new to this thing, but i'm so excited. My srgery is scheduled for January 18th in TJ Mexico, I cant wait!!! Any one having surg in mex???

Hey KIKO,

Its funny...it really is the little things that i want to do when I finally have the smaller version of myself. A big one is gonna be shopping in the REGULAR department! I dont start my preop diet until 10 days prior to surgery, but when i do, it will be all liguids for 7 days and then 3 days of clear. And of all things that i am scared of...THATS IT! That is a lot of days of liquids...and i have to be able to work and function during those days...and can you say CRABBY?! Its strange...I am not nervous at all. Just anxious and ready to start this new part of my life. That may change the closer it gets to my surgery date, but so far so good. Are you planning on telling everyone about the surgery? How is your support system? Any concerns or fears about the procedure or afterwards? Take care and stay strong!

My support system is wonderful. I have the full support of my parents and siblings. I even brought my parents to one of my consultations, because they want to know more about the operation. My siblings are excited to see the new me. =)

Including my best buddy, they're the only ones who know about the operation. I'm not gonna go out and tell everyone that I am getting a lapband, because for sure there will be someone who will ask me why I took the easy road......a shortcut.....when I can just exercise and diet. I simply don't need that type of negativity around me. I won't lie about the operation though. If they ask me about it, i will tell them, as long as they are willing to sit down and let me tell them my story.

Hey, anybody out there from the Sarasota area getting their band in January. Would love to have someone local to chat with on the journey,

Marge

Just HAD to post something today to see my ticker counting away the days! I'm SO excited.

Husband bought me a Body Bugg for Christmas. Anyone else looked into those?

JustIce. what is a Body Bugg?? Never heard of it.

Marge

Hello January 2010 Lap bandsters, I am being done on January 4, 2010... Just got approved this week sooo excited. Please include me in your group I am 41 and have about 70 pounds to loose. :tongue:

Hello January 2010 Lap bandsters, I am being done on January 4, 2010... Just got approved this week sooo excited. Please include me in your group I am 41 and have about 70 pounds to loose. :tongue:

Hey there foreme. We are having surgery on the same date. Jan 4 Can't wait. I'm at about 220 wanting to get down to 140. I can't stand the way I look or feel.

I sometimes wonder if its stupid for me to do it at my age. (I'll be 59 in February) but I sure would like to be healthy going to retirement years.

Good luck. Talk to you soon.

Marge.

WOOHOO!! Got my surgery scheduled yesterday for January 12. Start my pre-op diet on 12/30. Can't freaking wait!

1.) What is your current and goal weight?

247/155

2.) What is your surgery date?

January 12, 2010

(3.) What is your age?

4.) Where do you live?

Southeast Texas

5.) Where are you having surgery?

Beaumont (SETX Bariatric Center)

6.) Who is your doctor?

Dr. Kevin Dean

7.) Insurance or self-pay?

Self Pay -- apparently my insurance wants me to be morbidly obese and sick for 5 years.

8.) What was your deciding factor?

As a single mom I just knew it was time to do something for ME. Can't wait to chase the kids without needing to rest, playing a game of one on one b-ball with my oldest and lasting more than 3 minutes, and so so so much more!