Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello angela,

we Celebrate the same day..I too was banded on 10/15/09.. in las vegas by dr. soong of the Gastric Band Institute. I have had almost no pain from the surgury..just a little gas pain in my left shoulder for about 4 hrs after surgury.. I was up and walking within 3 hrs..i did spend the night(ins required it) but could have easily left after surgury,had no bloating, and my 5 scars look descent. been 5 days now, and never had to take any pain meds.outside of being cut open, doesnt feel any different(hope it is not the calm before the storm)ive had no nausea or vomiting since i started liquids, and im never hungry.....we will see what happens in the future...I wii let everyone know:smile:

I was banded on Oct. 7th in Atlanta by Dr. Larry Hobson. I understand about the gas pain. The other day at work, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. It odges itself in my right shoulder and behind the shoulder blade. I used gas x chewable tablets and walking a lot. I found that laying flat also makes the gas worse. As far as the bathroom is concerned, remember that you are taking in less food (especially solids) that your body would process. You won't go as often as you used to and it may be very loose as well.

I'm on full liquids now and start mushy food on Thursday. I can't wait to have an avocado! I guess it's my southern CA coming out in me. I really miss the tree we used to have.

I also miss the home cooking my grandmother makes in OKC. It is probably a great thing that I don't live there anymore.

I have develped a taste for applesauce, something I rarely ate before surgery. The sugar free Jello pudding is good too. I'm about tired of chicken broth though. I had hot tea, Earl Grey Decaf with splenda, the other night at the marching band competition. I was afraid to drink it but tolerated it well.

Good luck.

I was banded Oct 15th as well, and I DRAEDED the gas pain. I didn't have ANY at all. Howver, I was up walking within 12 hours of my surgery. I am now 4 days out and still not hungery at all. I have had a little bit of head hunger, but nothing I can't control.

I also am on all liquids. los of Soups and juices. I am having trouble tolerating my Protein supplements. When I take them it seems to make me a little upset at my stomach. I always have to walk afterwards to ease the discomfort.

Good luck to all.................

I have been on the cream Soup slump too...

V-8 makes some pretty good cream veggie Soups like butternut squash, broccoli, and Tomato.

I like the Soup in the hand b/c they are so easy. The only ones we can have is teh cramy chicken and tomato and I am getting dang sick of those!

I don't have many oter ideas for full liquids...

I have a ton in my head for mushies.....yumm can't wait!

Hang in there girl!