Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RE: Urinary Tract Infections?????!!!!!

Has anyone been getting UTI's after LapBand.

I'm 14 months past my surgery and I am on my 3rd one.

I was never a big drinker of Water and did really well with the Water intake but ended up getting a UTI 8 months after surgery. I took the meds and even had a sonogram which was normal. I was urinating blood during these.

That cleared up and now I had it again in mid-September and now again 3 weeks later. All these times I have been totally stressed out and probably not drinking enough.

The doctor prescribed both time liquid antibotics. The first time was Bactrim, which worked and the second Cephalexin which must not have worked good enough.

A couple of years ago I had Strep throat on and off again for 4 months. I ended up on 3 types of antibiotics before it went away for good.

Maybe I have built up an immunity to these antibiotics, especially the last one.

Good news....I'm down 85 pounds with only 30 to go!!!

Go to the health food store and get D Mannose... it's the best thing ever for UTI's. Basically it is a type of sugar that when it is in your bladder the infection attaches to it because it eats it and you actually just pee out the infection... That is a non medical discription but I can tell you personally that it works great... I used to get them all the time and I don't anymore. You can even take it daily to just keep things moving...

Give it a try, it can't hurt.

Congrats on your weight loss. That's awesome!

I haven't had UTI's but I have already had 3 yeast infections in the past six months. Having never had this problem in the past, I think it is from all the exercise and activity causing moisture to accumulate.

When I get UTI's - and I have had two for sure and maybe one other one since banding a year ago - the only thing that works is Levaquin (not the generic cipro). It knocks it right out. And I take cranberry pills, too.

Okay guys I am going to tell you what a doc told me a long time ago about these UTI's. It isn't me, it is the doc. Okay? He said they are caused by sex. The bacteria gets backed up into the little tube that lets the urine out. He said learn to always wipe from front to back, and alway get up and go pee after sex. I learned these two things and I don't get them anymore. I used to get them all the time, so these help even if they don't completely take care of it. Sorry, the doc said it so I pass it along when ever it seems needed!! :confused: