Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food finds!

Mmmm... now I want some of those chips with hummus!! That's one of my all-time favorites -- hummus. I'm with you jollygreen, I could eat a whole big container. :P

Lately I've been finding more "food flops" than "food finds." lol I can definitely save you money by telling you to stay away from Walden Farms whipped peanut spread. It has no calories, fat, carbs, gluten, or sugar. Now why in the world did I think it would taste ok? If it has none of that, what is it made of? Plastic? Sure tastes like it. :tongue2: lol

Mmmm... now I want some of those chips with hummus!! That's one of my all-time favorites -- hummus. I'm with you jollygreen, I could eat a whole big container. :P

Lately I've been finding more "food flops" than "food finds." lol I can definitely save you money by telling you to stay away from Walden Farms whipped peanut spread. It has no calories, fat, carbs, gluten, or sugar. Now why in the world did I think it would taste ok? If it has none of that, what is it made of? Plastic? Sure tastes like it. :tongue2: lol

Walden Farms has tooooooooooooo many chemicals for me.

Please go to your local health food store and get some extracts..they have maple extract which I add to everything and I also use orange to add a nice taste

Walden Farms jellys are horrible...so I put crannies in our tiny sandwichs and that works BUT Walmart sells jell and I make my own jellies and jams and yummo......I wish I had a recipe just do it

I currently have yummo cranberry jam...boiled some cranberries in Water till explodes....continued cooking for awhile..then added some strawberries (could have used any fruit) after cooking awhile.....then blend in blender....let it cool some....then add your stevia (if you use splenda..now is the time to add)...put in a little jar and refrigerate.

When you cook with stevia you add when cooled down some.. otherwise you lose the sugar taste.. I bake with stevia also but that must be used in an oven temperature less than 325 and you have to ad some sugar (so I add either one teaspoon of sugar or a dab of agava Syrup or a heap of my powder shake which is sweentened with fructose from fruit.< /p>

Since I am always trying to get Protein without going over 1000 cal/day, I am thrilled to rediscover cottage cheese. Lowfat cottage cheese can be added to almost any Soup and will melt to thicken the soup in a "filling" way. I have been making soup from sauteed broccoli, onions, garlic, and cabbage (or any combination of these), then add beef broth and stewed tomatoes. For a 1.5 cup portion you can add 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Eat it slowly and chew the veggies carefully. This is a VERY filling dinner. Have a cup of teacaf green tea with lemon and stevia right before bed and you should see a difference on the scales.< /p>

Since I am always trying to get Protein without going over 1000 cal/day, I am thrilled to rediscover cottage cheese. Lowfat cottage cheese can be added to almost any Soup and will melt to thicken the soup in a "filling" way. I have been making soup from sauteed broccoli, onions, garlic, and cabbage (or any combination of these), then add beef broth and stewed tomatoes. For a 1.5 cup portion you can add 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Eat it slowly and chew the veggies carefully. This is a VERY filling dinner. Have a cup of teacaf green tea with lemon and stevia right before bed and you should see a difference on the scales.

I use plain yogart and make my own yogart cheese, cottage cheese ..do not know why gives me an aftertaste,,,always did.

Reason I am writing.......is there something good about drinking tea before bed

I just bought some really yummy peanut butters by the Vermont Peanut Butter Company. I bought them online at Netrition.com, but here is their website: Vermont Peanut Butter Company Products They have 8 different flavors, all of which are 100% organic and have 100% whey Protein isolate added for extra protein! They also have no refined sugar (which is a plus for me), no preservatives, are low-sodium and gluten free, and contain no trans fats or hydrogenated oils. So cool.

But the best part is the flavor. OMG. I got Monkey Business, which is banana peanut butter with raisins mixed in (heaven!) and Mad River Mojo, which is peanut butter and almond butter mixed with finely chopped cranberries, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, flax seeds, and honey. Sooo yummy!

Now, the calories and the fat are the same as you find for regular peanut butter -- about 190 for 2 Tbs. and 15 g. fat, but the Protein is 10 g. and considering all the good ingredients, I think it's much better than your average PB.

Check out their other flavors, too. Some have chocolate chunks mixed in! (Too bad I gave that up.) But, these others are still a real treat! :):thumbup:

Vita Coco Coconut Water. the downside is that it has 60 calories per serving.... Upside... Coconut water is the only ingredient. I can't eat Bananas anymore, So it has 680mg of potassium in it, 15 grams of sugar (down side) Daily Values are as followed: 5% Calcium, 230% Vitamin C.< /span>

Its basically Natures gatorade. Did a lot of research on it, spoke to the doc too, he agrees that I can have at least 1 a day. and it solves the potassium/banana issue. and it really doesn't have a flavor

Hey, Sarah, great to see you on here!!!! I was just thinking about you. :) I have a friend who drinks the Coconut Water all the time, and my boss swears by it for after yoga. He says everyone in his yoga class drinks it after doing the hot yoga.

Don't be a stranger, Sarah! Happy New Year!

Well this isn't exactly a food find but something I threw together and thought it was really yummy and wanted to share.

If you like no bake Cookies you will love this. (they are my favorite)

1 package of instant low sugar oatmeal. I used maple and brown sugar. Fix according to package directions.

Then I added 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter - I like crunchy.

Then I added 1 scoop of chocolate Protein powder - I used powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.

This will not set up like the no bake Cookies but boy is it good right out of the bowl.

This is so yummy I feel like I'm cheating!!!

Oh, wow, I want some now!!!!