Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SF Bay Area? Palo Alto Medical Foundation?

Hi There-

Hoping to get approved in the next couple of weeks just checking to see if there are any bandsters in my area.

Tina

Hey Tina, I know this is a little late, but I'm in San Jose and getting banded next week! I don't know of any support groups in the area but I'd like to go to one.

not too late at all - I'm DEc 15th with Dr. Anwar.

I love having someone close by now!

Would you like to meet up before your surgery? Mine is in one week (!!!) and I figure in another week before I can be a bit normal... but that's right before your surgery, and maybe we can talk about any questions you might have.

I was just banded by Dr Anwar on the 3rd. I live in Santa Clara. I def need more band buddies!!!

diamondgirl - so happy to find another Dr. Anwar patient. How are you doing? Did you stay 1 or 2 nights at Stanford?

I have preop Monday.

diamondgirl - so happy to find another Dr. Anwar patient. How are you doing? Did you stay 1 or 2 nights at Stanford?

I have preop Monday.

hey Tina. I know it's rare finding an Anwar pt. I stayed one night at Stanford. I have been home and doing good for the most part. The most pain I have now really is just in my back from laying down so much. Preop will go fine for you. It was quick. He is so mello. Make sure you ask him for your pain rx so you have it ready when you get home!! Let me know how it goes. And if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. I'm here for you!!!!

Hey diamndgrl! Yay, now there are three of us :thumbup: When you and Tina are all healed up, do you want to organize a time to walk and get together each week or every other week? I think I do really well with people-interactions, and we could swap tips, recipes, etc.

Hey diamndgrl! Yay' date=' now there are three of us :thumbup: When you and Tina are all healed up, do you want to organize a time to walk and get together each week or every other week? I think I do really well with people-interactions, and we could swap tips, recipes, etc.[/quote']

hi!!! I would love for us all to get together and walk that would be great !! I'm so glad I have some local banders so we can all support each other!!! One question for you. Did you feel at the beginning like what did you get yourself into??? Like I know when I heal I'm sure I feel better but I'm craving everything and it's mother lol.

Thanks

Nicole

Nicole,

Believe me, I have that exact feeling! I keep asking myself why I even ever considered making it more difficult for me to eat food... I love food! It's delicious! I could eat it all day! Then I remember that's partially the reason I'm in this mess now. So I calm down, and sip my Water. I think we're both "grieving" food right now... we can't have it, we want it, and we're used to getting it. I've never watched Food Network before my surgery and now it's the only channel that I want to watch because I like to look at the different foods I can have once I'm all healed and on solid foods, and then I think about what I can blenderize, then I see a recipe I can eat while on the full liquids phase... and so it is helpful, in a way, to get me thinking of more tasty dishes to help the process along.

That was a lot to write but I have a lot to write on the subject! Haha.

Jennie

Jennie,

omg that is such a relief to hear that I'm not the only one. Man you took the words right out of my mouth on how I feel. I agree though it's that damn food that got me here in the first place. When were you banded ? There is a support group coming up on the 16th of dec at Good Sam. I am going to attend it I think. I registered for it on the actual lapband website. Where are you located???

Nicole

Hey Nicole,

Oooh I didn't know Good Sam had a lap band support group! Count me in, I'll definitely go. Do I have to register? I live in downtown San Jose, near the convention center. I was banded on 11-27 by Dr. Aceves down in Mexicali, MX (boy was THAT a long drive!) I'm 10 days out and finally on my full liquids. I'm enjoying a chocolate Protein shake made with 1% milk... 34 grams of Protein, not bad! I've also got some sugar free pudding today for my afternoon snack and when I get home I'm going to have creamy carrot Soup. I'm so excited to be able to have a bit more variety in my diet! I'm also going to make spinach pea Soup with some chicken stock and heavy cream. I'll let you know how it tastes :thumbup:

Jennie

Hi Jennie and Nicole-

Had my preop today all went well but I have a sinus infection so my pcp gave me some serious antibiotics. I should be good to go by next Tuesday!

I can't go to this support group but I'd love to go with you guys to the next one and walking/chatting reciopes sounds great.

Ladies - I'm so glad we found one another - before long we'll be the 3 bandketeers!:thumbup:

tina

Tina so glad the preop went good. How funny because the week before my surg I was put on heavy antibiotics for a sinus infection too. Yes I'm so glad us three have found each other. The idea of walking and chatting sounds great for us all. I'll look up more support groups that we will all be able to attend together. I love it " the three bandeteers".

I looked it up on Good Sam's website and it seems that the 16th is a weight loss seminar. The first and third Tuesdays of each month are weight loss support groups. The second and fourth Tuesdays are WIP support groups... I'm not sure of the difference. Here is the description from the page:

Bariatric Support Groups - WIP Coaching Suppport

Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 7 – 9pm

Good Samaritan Hospital Grey Trailer by East entrance, 2425 Samaritan Drive, San Jose, CA 95124

Free

WIP (Work in Progress) Weight Loss Surgery Coaching Support

Second Tuesday and Fourth Thursday every month.

For pre- and post-ops in their first year to 18 months.

Work with our life coach and other patients to find your

personal success strategies after weight loss surgery.

Appropriate for pre-and post-op individuals. For more

info, call (408) 559-2514.

I think I might go tonight!

Tina... next Tuesday is coming up fast! Are you ready? Do you have your gas-x? I have a whole extra box, I didn't use it so much. Good news, though... my gas pains in my shoulders are gone! I thought they'd never leave, but I realize I haven't had one in about a day and a half now.

Jeni "The Bandketeer" Beni (Not my last name but I needed a last name to have a nickname in quotes in the middle of hahaha)