Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet help !!!! Please

Hello to everyone on the pre-op liquid diet. I started mine last Wednesday and will be on it till next Wednesday, Band Day!

I could use ALL the support I can get to get me through the next 7 days. :)

I watched some videos on youtube of the surgery. When I saw how close the liver was to the stomach I was VERY motivated to stick w/the liquids to improve my chances of shrinking my liver for surgery. I didnt want to wake up from surgery & hear that they couldnt do the surgery b/cause the liver was too large. When I wanted to stray from the diet I had a mental picture of my liver. :)

It wasnt easy, I admit. You CAN do it though. Hang in there!!!

I just finished my post op mushy diet and I am on to regular foods. I had a 2 week liquid before and 1 week after + 2 weeks on Mushies. It is tough but the time will pass. Keep your head up and it will be over beofre you know it.

Greg

Hello! My surgery is next Wednesday too! I'll be diet buddies with you! I am on straight liquids! And you?

That's a great idea,,, the utube video. I have been very good on it so far,,, there was a day that I found myself on the second ritz cracker before I realized it and fixing my kid's lunch taking one small bite for the taste and getting carried away with 2 or 3 large bites of something. But all in all,,, I've been so good that I've lost about 6 pounds in the past week,,, hopefully I didn't ruin things with the little bites here and there,,, but those little bites have made me think VERY hard about NOT cheating even one little bit for the next 6 days! I never know your liver got smaller when you got smaller. But I want everything to go very smooth for me in surgery,,, so I fuss and groan and try to let out my frustration with,,, well fussing, lol,,, instead of eating. I will be so thankful for mushies that it will seem like I'm having a holiday dinner, hehehehe Thank you for the encouragement!!

What u tube video? I have a yound son and all he does is eat...I am a stay at home Mom so its super hard cooking for my family right now. Family dinner is the hardest part of my day. I have been on this diet for 2 weeks already (yes this is my 3rd) and have lot 10 pounds so it's good. Hard but good.

Hey ....I am getting banded on next Thursday the 22nd!!! I am on my diet right now I have been doing good. I am allowed to eat 2oz of Jerky a day for Protein so that has been a life saver. I have been on the diet for 1 week and have lost 9 pounds! But it has been hell!:thumbup:..lol. Hope all goes good and I wish you all good luck!!:sneaky:

I am being banded next Thursday Oct 22nd. I just found out my band date so I only have 8 days of liquid diet. But we can eat lunch meat and 2 pieces of bread at night, although I will probably just skip the bread.

Soexcited, the youtube video is something that WhyW8 mentioned. I logged onto youtube and searched lapband surgery. It's pretty gross,,, I don't think I saw the one WhyW8 was talking about where you can see the liver and how close it is to the stomach. I talked to the hospital yesterday,,, it was my pre-op hospital thing when they want to know all your medical history and she was telling me they have to hold the liver up while they are doing the surgery and if your liver is too fatty, it can cause it to bleed. She says it happens and it's not a life threatening thing, but it's not good and causes the doctor's to have to work with your liver bleeding,,, which I can imagine isn't a good thing. Starving your liver from carbs will shrink it and cause it to have a,,, in her words,,, "a clean crisp surface" Sounds sorta weird hu, lol

Fixing lunch and dinner is SO hard,,, you are right! My husband says he can whip something up for them, but I'm mom and I feel that I need to do it,,, I am blown away at how hard it is to NOT put the food in your mouth.

SoExcited,,, where are you having your surgery?

gbakerc,,, how are you feeling now that you are on mushies,,, are you feeling good?

My band, I am having my surgery at UCSD (University of California San Diego) how about you? And how old are your kids? I have a 4 year old son.

I have a 4 yr old and 8 yr old sons :sneaky: Being banded in Richmond, Va next Thursday :thumbup:

The first few days were really hard for me too....but I think I'm good now. Although I'm finding it very hard to even get to the 1,000 calories a day that I'm supposed to be on....I am just over the whole Soup thing and so if I am not hungry, I'm just not having it :thumbup:.

My surgery is next Thursday too...just went this morning for my blood work and my physical is today and nurse assessment tomorrow and then I'm done with the appts.

My band date is next Tuesday!

I'm on the liquid diet too.. ugh!

But today I weighed myself and saw that I've lost 17.9lbs over the past three weeks! THAT helped!

hang in there!

We CAN do it!

My band date is October 21st., next Wednesday,,, yaaaaaaaaaa me:-)

My kid's are 3, almost 9 and 19. Been battling the weight for the past 19 years, lol.

Txcloverangel is right,,, if I saw 17 pounds, I would be overjoyed! I think mine is around 8ish,,, but I'm thinking my scale is not very good,,, the Walmart 8 dollar kind,,, should get a digital one for this journey,,, any suggestions on a good one?

Congrats on your surgery next week! I am being banded on the same day!!!

I have actually not been told to go on a liquid diet, but I might the day before just to prepare myself. I am sending HUGE positive thoughts to you that this goes by fast and you breeze through without being hungry!!!!

You can do it! You can do it!!! :thumbup: