Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

please be my turn now.........

Guest myband

Guest myband

Just had my 4th fill in today which takes me to 7cc in my Vanguard Band.

I lost 22 Ibs in the first few weeks of being banded, then nothing for 3 months.

My Dr said that I should only be able to eat entree size meals when my band is at the correct level.

I have had restriction but was able to eat bread, and meat without any trouble, so maybe I was not tight enough before. Lets hope I am closer to the sweat spot now. I follow banster rules but still do not exercise enough.

I notice on other posts that some have Protein drinks, so I tried one that was called PVL OSOPLETE............damn that was a struggle to get down. I just made it to the toilet a couple of hrs later. Does it usually do this to everyone?

myband, I lost 15 pounds post-surgery and didn't lose a bit more for 3 months. Then I got my first fill and increased restriction. Our bands are different sizes, but the right restriction will definately help you. I hear lots and lots of folks with the VG band talk about needing multiple fills so don't worry...you will lose! Maybe your body just needs some time to adjust. For me, my head needed time!!

Do you mean the protien drink gave you diarrhea? hmmm...liquid in, liquid out?

Protien drinks are handy dandy for post-op folks who need calories and protien and can't get them from regular foods just yet. I'd advise avoiding those liquid calories, both for your diet and for the "side-effect", unless it's a true Meal Replacement. You won't stay full on liquids. If I'm in a rush and know I won't be eating until lunch, (such as on Sunday mornings before church) I'll replace Breakfast with a Carnation Instant Breakfast drink on the go. Other than that, I avoid the liquid calories. Get your protien from eggs and chicken and such. You know, bandster eating rules.

Anyhow, hope this fill is the one! Keep us posted!

Guest myband

Hi Kathy

Sure was liquid in.............liquid out. diarrhea big time. All I could think of was, "what if I was at a meeting at work and that happenend to me." No more Protein Drinks for me.

Thanks for your advise, I really thought we were supposed to have them, but eggs and such do me just fine.

Hi

Your story is exactly the same as mine. It took 8 fills and 8.9mls for me to get restriction. The fill before this one took me up to 7.5mls and I didnt feel different. The last one was the one that made all the difference. Unfortunately with the band came heartburn for me, thats the only thing I can complain about. So just remember even if this fill isnt the right one, it wont be far off. I know so many ppl with the VG band that arent finding restriction till about 8mls.

Good Luck