Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor I need a Bandster buddy

Hi, My name is Sandy and I am new within the last 3 days to this site. I joined on the suggestion of my surgeon. :sad: I like to think of myself a pretty computer savy but am having a hard time working around things here. I need a buddy that I can chat with regarding the site itself AND the band too.

I am not banded yet. :sad: everything is done, all appointments and tests, I'm just waiting for insurance approval. I went to the support group session in my area and everyone that is in that group has had the RNY procedure done. It's not the same! I'm not telling anyone about this surgery except my husband and a few close friends... I don't care if you are a new bandster or an old hat at it... I just need someone to talk to!!!

First question on this site is how do you get your appointment dates and the "tickers" to show in your posts? :scared2: I've tried several attempts and none seem to work.

Hey Sandy! My name is Sandy too:thumbup:! I can be your buddy! I am not too far ahead of you so thats good. Any way I have had a hard time with the ticker thingy too. I was just by chance I was able to figure it out.

Go to tickerfactory.com and set up your ticker...when you are done copy and paste the URL to the signature section of this page. It is under User CP around the top left corner. Like I said, I had a hard time too...Message me back if you can't get it....two heads are better that one! :smile:LOL

OK, Sandy... Buddies it is... I needed to do some hunting to find this message as I am at work... probably should be NOT doing this here but had to see what was happening. and When I checked my home e-mail I see that you had written. I did what you told me to do with teh ticker so lets see if it works, altho I think I tried it before. maybe I just didn't save it???

P.S. I sent you a friend request so I hope it will be easier to find "threads" from that!

P.S. YAY!!! It worked!!!:biggrin::thumbup:

Don't feel bad...I'm at work too! I probally have too much free time here at work LOL

Nice to see your ticker worked!:)

OK, here I am at work again! LOL !!!

So, I just have to tell ya, all this waiting is driving me insane! :blink:Everything went so fast after the first appointment and now I feel likeI am stuck in limbo waiting for the insurance co. At least I hope that is all I am waiting on. I called my Dr's office and asked (actually left a message for the girl that does this stuff) if there was anything else that I needed to do to get a surgery date and they haven't called me back :) So I assumes that means everything is there. But that was almost 2 weeks ago. :thumbup: It appears from everything here that I have read or that I have heard from friends that have had the RNY done, it seems that they get approved within 2 or 3 days. :w00t: I don't know what to think? Maybe I'm getting disapproved? UGH! Now that would really suck the big one! :eek: I'm so ready to change my life it isn't funny. I've even already lost 10 pounds but man, it wasn't easy!

Hey...just aggravate the crap out of um' until you find out.:) I guess I was one of the fortunate ones. I got an approval about a week after all of my appointments were complete. But even in that week, I felt just like you do. I couldn't stay off of this site. All I could do was look at everyone's pics and I became even more impatient! Hang in there...keep the phone calls goin' and don't feel bad about calling too much...it'll prob. will make you feel better! LOL