Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone pissed off??

i'm only 10 days out and already i get hungry pissed. lol i mean, if i don't drink my shake or broth or whatever when i'm feeling hungry and let it get too bad i turn into a total b*tch and my whole family knows it. it sucks.

Reading threads like these makes me happier than ever to have had my surgery where I did! I can understand all these questions and concerns you have AFTER surgery with no preparation for the road you are on.

With that said, FIGHT!!

I get that you feel "duped" or "misinformed" or even pissed. But now that you have the information you need (and were maybe never given), now that you've indicated you're mad, now that you are "where you are" quit being pissed and make the best of it.

If you're hungry, up your Protein..simple fix. If it takes 5 Protein shakes a day, it takes 5 Protein Shakes a day..simple.

If you're not losing, EVALUATE why you're not losing! Many of you are less than 2 months post-op. You don't lose much weight in the first months post-op..period. Focus on what you put in your mouth (every morsel), make good food choices, concentrate on getting your Protein, and concentrate on exercise. If you do this, you will LOSE WEIGHT..PERIOD! You may not lose it in one week, or two, or even over a month, but you WILL LOSE IT..there is absolutely NO DOUBT about that fact!

I had stalled weight loss for over 2 MONTHS!!! In fact, I even GAINED 3lbs! I was working out 5X a week (heavy-duty work outs, not 30 mins here or there, 90+ each time), swam 2X a week, walked the dog daily, and monitored my diet LIKE A HAWK..NO WEIGHT LOSS..NADA..NOTHING...ZILCH!! Then all of a sudden, in week 10 (IMAGINE..TEN WEEKS people) I lost 6lbs, then 3, then 2, then nothing. I didn't change my workout or diet, I did what I was suppose to do. I FOUGHT the hunger, I FOUGHT the urge to lay in bed instead of going to the gym, I FOUGHT the frustration of not losing as fast as I wanted, and I TRULY FOUGHT my own feelings of disappointment. Because I KNEW as long as I was FIGHTING, I would NOT LOSE!! And I didn't!

This journey is NOT easy!! You will be HUNGRY, you will be PISSED, you will be SAD and many will feel REGRET. But this is a journey that will lead you to a better, richer, healthier and thinner life if your FIGHT for it! There is no miracle pill, there is a lifestyle that needs to be adopted LONG TERM to make this work.

Quit complaining, playing the victim or feeling sorry for yourself...MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

YES you may have been misinformed, YES you may be mad at your doctor for not preparing you properly for this journey/surgery, YES you may be discouraged. YOU are the only one who can make this successful.....so quit complaining and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

ACCEPT that you will be hungry sometimes. ACCEPT that you cannot lose 100lbs in a few months. ACCEPT the fact that it could (and probably will) take YEARS for you to reach your ideal goal. ACCEPT that these feelings while fighting weight are NORMAL. ACCEPT THEM for what they are, ADDRESS the issues and what they cause and then...finally...FIGHT!!!

wow! I hear ya and needed to hear ya after my 2nd fill feelings today. Thanks.