Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you lost your belly fat?!

I am only 3 months post op and I am noticing my weight going down in my legs and chest but my stomach is not going anywhere. Have you lost your belly fat? If so how???

I know it is still pretty soon for me but I want to start the work now! :) I do exercise about 3 times per week for 20-30 min each.... I know I need to increase my workout.

Your suggestions are appreciated!

I am in the same situation! I hate this belly fat and it won't go anywhere! I have lost a good amount of weight and i am back down to a size 13 and still have most of my belly fat! My doctor says that it is typical and cardio will help.

Go back to your childhood and start hoola hooping. I bought a weighted hoola hoop a month ago. I have been hoola hooping for a month everyday for 10 minutes and I have lost 21/2 inches off my belly.

It's not easy at first, but then you get the hang of it. I got a couple of bruises in the beginning, but no big deal. You can also work your arms with small weight while doing it. Good luck!

wow!! the weighted hoola hoop sounds awsome!! where did u find it??

yes, well and truly, my belly is flat and quite muscular.

but I'm pear shaped. I never had a lot of belly fat to begin with. It could just as easily be me posting Have you lost your thigh fat?

To lose and get a flat stomach, all I've really done is run and engage my core with circuit style strength training - I havent been as consistent with this as I have with running - I have never specifically dont abdominal exercises like crunches as I firmly believe them to be a complete waste of time. You get a flat stomach by having a very strong core, which you dont develop by performing only one isolated move - which is why the hula hooping would be GREAT for your abdominal tone - complex moves involving all the muscles!

And you lose all fat, including belly fat - with a combo of cardio and strength training and there is LOTS of evidence showing that interval style training is more effective than slow cardio - forget that old fat burning zone myth. However, you do need to work up to it!

Other than that, you have to learn to appreciate your body shape. You're usually either an apple or a pear,

and whilst you can get very lean and have a flat stomach either way, its harder for apples, just like I will never have a great ass.

They have a hoola hoop on the wi..that should work as well, right?? And you can have fun and work it with out knowing how hard it really is..

T=rose

Thanks for the suggestions. I do have the Wii Fit and will commit 5 days a week to hula hooping :thumbup:...anything to reduce this stomach!

KSP-

I found the weighted hoola hoop online at target.com. I was unable to find it in any stores. I have the wii also, but I can really feel the workout with the actual weighted hoola hoop. It's actually kinda fun too!

I am only 3 months post op and I am noticing my weight going down in my legs and chest but my stomach is not going anywhere. Have you lost your belly fat? If so how???

I know it is still pretty soon for me but I want to start the work now! :thumbup: I do exercise about 3 times per week for 20-30 min each.... I know I need to increase my workout.

Your suggestions are appreciated!

I was banded July 20th, I have lost 53lbs, I have lost 18 inches off my waist and 6 inches off my hips. my top from 2x to med-large, pants 16-18 to 12-14. What helps is what you eat. I am diabetic so I cut my carbs, no bread, rice, Pasta, ^ Proteins, salads, and I have been working out at gym 4-5 x week, cardio, wts and ab workouts, next month I will be 50, so if I can do it , so can you. Good luck :tt2: