Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of you who know my story, I feel like ......trying to think of a nice word for it.....but can't come up with one. I am tired, very very tired. I am not sure if it is some type of withdrawal symptom...or what. I feel ok, lack some energy. My hair is falling out, I suppose from slacking on Biotin. And multi-vitamins. I napped for like 4 hours yesterday. I go to my surgeon tomorrow to let him know that some of these pain pills I was taking had ibuprofen and to see what we can do, if anything. Then in the back of my mind, I am wondering if I might be pregnant, as after I stopped popping pills, hubby and I took a up a new hobby. Last period was September 16. So it should be coming soon. Wonder when I can take a test and it will be accurate. And if thats positive, it will explain my symptoms but put a true damper on my weight loss since I have only been banded for 5 months. Guess we will see. For those of you who have no clue what I am talking about I posted a thread called "I Need to Share My Story" Have a good day.

Your Hair loss is a normal occurence that happens after anesthesia. It usually starts a few months after surgery, but will grow back, so not to worry. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it does happen more frequently than not. Your hair will return to normal before you know it. As for the rest of it, I had a period of exhaustion that I'm sure was a symptom of surgery followed by major diet reduction, life change, etc. Good Luck to you however it pans out! BTW: There are posts about post anesthesia hair loss here somewhere.

Robyn, sorry to hear you are not feeling good, but have you had your Iron levels checked lately..I just had mine checked becasue of the sametiredness you just explained. My levels were low and my Dr. told me my tiredness couldbe from that, since then I have taken Vitamin B-100 complex 2x's a day and upped my iron intake and I have noticed a huge difference in just days....also you have been through alot in the last 2 weeks, coming off those pills after so many months will take its toll on you physically..I know this first hand also due to my husbands own dependency on pain pills. Give your self some time ...but then again it could be from possible pregnancy which if that is the case then Congratulations.

Last week I felt that same tiredness. I am now 13 days post op. I would park my car in the school parking lot (I teach) and I swear, it seemed like miles just to walk to my classroom. I usually feel like that at the end of the day, not first thing in the morning. I can technically start my mushies tomorrow. I hope this helps but I don't think it really will because my Protein Shakes give me all the nutrients I need. It's probably just the drop in calories because I pretty much pigged out up until 2 days pre op.

Okay, I have one of those pregnancy wheel thingys that tells you how far along you are, and if the first day of your last period was Sept 16, that would put you at 3 weeks and a few days with a due date of June 27th. Just in case you wanted to know! So, that means it's too early for an accurate PG test. You aren't even due to start until the 15 of Oct. So wait the weekend of the 15th and if nothing, take a test.

For some reason, I'm just not concerned about the Ibuprophen in the one bottle of pills you took. I'm sure you washed them through well, and it's not like you have been on them the whole time you were taking the pain pills. Just that one bottle. I don't know, but I don't think it's related to your fatigue or hair loss. That's either calorie intake, (I have the Hair loss and it's worse when I'm eating well and keeping my calories lower...around the 1000-1200 range), or the fatigue could be PG related. It's awfully early though.

I'm thinking you are just phasing through a recovery here from being off your pain pills and getting on with a normal life. I think the new hobby you and hubby took up is a great one! Benefits in all directions there, from exercise, to intimacy, to a better relationship, everything. The biggest side-effect of a regular sex life, though, is an unexpected pregnancy.

However, you may just be PMSing really good (or bad!) this month. I know for me, I will have a few months of fairly easy cycles, then I'll get one from hell! PMS big time, cramps, heavy flow, yuck yuck and double yuck. Maybe that's what you are doing this time?

Anyhow, hang in there. I'm so proud of you!!! Keep us posted on how you are feeling, and if a 4 hour nap is what it takes, go for it!!!

If you do happen to be pregnant though it is possible to have a healthy pregnancy and a nice big bouncing baby with no weight gain. My obstetrician didnt want me to gain any weight at all - his reasoning was that I needed nutrients, not calories, so that if I ate carefully it was entirely possible to lose plenty of body fat without starving my baby or myself of nourishment. So I pretty much followed Weight Watchers the entire pregnancy, gained a small 4.5kg (and Eliza was 3.7kg of that) in total and came home from hospital about 12kg lighter than when I'd conceived.

I find it much much easier to avoid gaining weight rather than actually losing it. Without the pressure of expecting to see the scales move it takes a lot of the head games out of it.

Hi, sorry you aren't feeling well. I was banded on June 3rd, and I have the whole hair loss thing going on now, too. Like the others said, it will get better.

As far as being possibly pg - there is a test (First Response) that you can take 5 days before your pd is due and is fairly accurate. When I was going thru fertility, I used it alot and it was always accurate. If you can't wait for the weekend, you may want to go and get one of those. If it is neg, wait 5 days and try again. If it is positive, congratulations.

Good luck, Julie

*******Robyn******* I'm so happy to hear that you are home. I know everything has been tough for you lately, just hang in there. In time, I'm sure it will get better. I'm so proud of you!

All these things that are happening to your body could be many things. If they dont go away,within a reasonable time, then maybe you should see your doctor again.

By the way.. there is NOTHING wrong with the new hobby that you and your husband share.:Bunny

OK....So I am NOT pregnant. Thank goodness. I went to my surgeon yesterday and he said that if i was pregnant, he would have to empty the band immediately. UGH. So he sent me straight for a blood test. Negative. Relief. Now i can focus on ME. ME. ME. He also told me if I'd exercise, my weight loss should DOUBLE!!! Well HELLO, let me get off my a$$ and get to biking. Hubby went to pick up his mom's bicycle for me....SOOOOO now that I have all that in the past, pills, pregnancy scare....I can now move forward. The wonderful holidays are coming and I am willing to bet that if i focus on my weight loss I can be down to 200 by December. I went and did some clothes shopping today....16/18.....straight from a 22. How cool is that? My birthday is next week so I am sure I will be getting some gift cards for clothes....not so miserable shopping anymore. So I am going to focus on accomplishing losing my 19 pounds. 200. Thats only 30 pounds more than I weighed when I got pregnant 6 years ago. Hehe. I love it. LAPBAND ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Robyn you sound so happy and upbeat!!! I just want to jump up and down with you! Come on, let's jump!!! weeeee! hahaha!!!

That was fun. Did you tell your doc you have been getting plenty of "Horizontal Mambo" exercise lately? Forget the bike...hit the sack!!!!

Glad to hear you are better. I started exercising Sept 18 and my weight loss has increased a little but I'm dropping inches. My pants fit one week and the next are getting too long and the week after are starting to look too big. You will see results soon. Keep us updated. Celeste