Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I was banded Sept 25, 2009, by Dr. Ehrlich in Fairfield CT.

I'm on week 2 "All Liquids" and doing good. I'm worried about next week "Pureyed Food". What are some suggestions on what to eat. I'm already tired of Soup and pureying chicken sounds disgusting to me. Would appreciate any ideas.

I was thinking maybe Low Fat Refried Beans and Hummus, but beans aren't till week 5 per the diet outline I was given.

I'm really looking forward to being apart of this forum!!!!!

Loopy618

Pre Diet Wt: 374

Pre-Op Wt: 337

Now: Will find out on Thursday :thumbup:

Hello and welcome! Nice to have ya! J

Well, really I never pureed one thing. I completely skipped the pureed foods and just did an extra week of mushies. The reason is exactly what you mentioned. The thought of some of those food pureed was just not appetizing at all. I pretty much lived on Protein Drinks, V8, pudding and cream of wheat.

Best wishes to you and welcome to BandLand!

Welcome.....I was banded on 9/22 and did not do pureed either. I am getting off my liquid diet on 9/13 and starting my "soft foods" or mushies. I just met with my nutrisionist yesterday and she said that I was doing good. I have lost 12 lbs since surgery. I am so looking forward to getting to chew on some food next week!

I am also new to this forum but looking forward to sharing experiences. My surgery was done on Sept. 30th and I am on full liquids. I am concerned about the lack of Protein on that list. I like creamed Soup but by the time you thin it enough to strain out all the bits it has very little flavor. I don't like unflavored yogurt but the fruit is not allowed so I am going to try straining it through cheesecloth. I miss my job and I miss my WII Fit. But I have hope for the future again. KJ:wink2:

Well I will not be on puree until week 2 but my dietician said these foods are good, baby food (not sure I am going to try that one!!), mashed potatos, sugar free fudgesicles, light yougurt (strain out fruit pieces), applesauce, sugar free pudding, fat free refried Beans with low fat cheese pureed, pureed tuna, low fat cottage cheese (blended), blended rice or Pasta, low fat frozen yougurt or ice cream (no nuts).

They also said you can make casseroles and blend them as well. Hope this helps. Just try not to overdo the carbs. I probably would not do more than one carb type dish per day.

My favorite was pureeing chili and then adding reduced fat cheddar and ff sourcream. Very yummy! I also was allowed refried Beans with the cheddar and ff sourcream.

OOh that chilli sounds yummy.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas!

I see my Dr. Tomorrow for my 1st post op visit and weigh in:thumbup: Can't wait!!

Loopy618