Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Fielding's Seminar in NYC...

...is anyone attending or is there anyone who has attended in the past?

Newbie here!

I attended Dr Fielding's seminar at the beginning of the year, and was banded by him in June. The workshop was very informative, and his entire operating team is great. NYU has a really good after care program as well.

If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Joan

I also went to the NYU seminar and he was the speaker. While I did not feel so great about his style I could certainly see that he knew what he was talking about. I decided to get banded by Dr. Kurian in the same office and am very happy with the decision. I think that the whole practice is very good and while I did not choose Dr. Fielding, I know that many people are thrilled with him. I am sure he is great Dr. But I knew people who had used Dr. Kurian and her personal style worked for me.

Good luck and take notes. There will be a great deal of information at the seminar.

I went yesterday and even though the presentation was a little off cuz the computer was broke so he spoke off the cuff and there were no pics or visuals I got enough out of it to decide that I was gonna start the process.

I still have a lot of questions and reading these forums it seems that a lot of people have problems but I'm gonna continue the process.

Dr F is very popular, and the most experienced person on the team. He was the one who gave the seminar that I attended, so I had no frame of reference for the 2 other drs on the team. I was actually surprised that I was able to get an appointment with him quickly.

I have heard wonderful things about all3 surgeons on the NYU team. I can only speak from my experience with Dr F. I met with him for the original consult. On the day of surgery, he visited me briefly. I really didn't have any questions at that point, but I believe if I di, he would have spent watever time necessary to answer them. He also came by when I was in recovery. I was still a bit loopy from the surgery, but he answered whatever questions I had.

Regarding post care, my check up was with one of the NP's. Dr F's schedule was full for my first fill, so Gaspar (who is fantastic) did it. My second fill appt was with Dr F. He popped in quickly to see how I was doing, but Gaspar did the fill again, and seems to be the person who will probably be doing most of my future fills. Actually, I don't have a problem with that, I I think if I said I wanted to have an appt with Dr F, I would get one, although the wait might be longer.

Perhaps other NYU bandsters can say wheter they have more contact with their surgeon.

Dr F is very popular, and the most experienced person on the team. He was the one who gave the seminar that I attended, so I had no frame of reference for the 2 other drs on the team. I was actually surprised that I was able to get an appointment with him quickly.

I have heard wonderful things about all 3 surgeons on the NYU team. I can only speak from my experience with Dr F. I met with him for the original consult. On the day of surgery, he visited me briefly. I really didn't have any questions at that point, but I believe if I di, he would have spent watever time necessary to answer them. He also came by when I was in recovery. I was still a bit loopy from the surgery, but he answered whatever questions I had.

Regarding post care, my check up was with one of the NP's. Dr F's schedule was full for my first fill, so Gaspar (who is fantastic) did it. My second fill appt was with Dr F. He popped in quickly to see how I was doing, but Gaspar did the fill again, and seems to be the person who will probably be doing most of my future fills. Actually, I don't have a problem with that, I I think if I said I wanted to have an appt with Dr F, I would get one, although the wait might be longer.

Perhaps other NYU bandsters can say wheter they have more contact with their surgeon.

Hi I was banded by Dr Ren.... she spent a lot of time with me in the beginning consult, and came in to see me before and after the surgery. After the surgery - I thought I made an appt with her for the 1 week post op but apparently not - I saw Frank; then I DID make my first fill appt w/ her (there is usually a wait so you can't get any of the surgeons on a week's notice)... but then I screwed up and got the date wrong so they were great and squeezed me in w/ Gaspar, but then i was too tight so Frank unfilled me. AFTER this I had questions for the Dr and I called the office and spoke to Christina the nurse and she did go and ask Dr Ren my questions and came back to me. The office told me dr ren likes to do the first fill..... I'll see her for the second fill. In any case I find the staff very accessible via emails - nurses, nilsa who schedules the surgeries, nutritionists etc. My internist recommended NYU and Dr Ren - they are known for their excellent aftercare. And I have to say everything knock wood went without a hitch - my recovery was quick, i had little pain - I was back to work in 4 days, the day of surgery i was alert and walking fine, no nausea, it was a great process for me and I have to think part of this has to do with the skill of the surgeon and the surgical team. And I do mean team - my friend who came with me was impressed she said I had a whole team assigned to me and they were all outside my door talking about me. I must have met 10 people the day of the surgery each had a role :confused:

Also if you do the surgery there and they are still doing the anti nausea med research for the surgery I recommend it (aloxi OR aloxi w/ dexamethasone - not sure which i got). I had zero nausea whatsover from the anesthesia and never was dizzy or anything I think it had to do w/ this trial drug they gave me. I had a HORRIBLE experience w/ broken nose surgery from the anesthesia so i jumped on the trial anything to not relive that.

I am happy with the practice.... it IS very busy though.