Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weighing after surgery

I was one of the last few to get banded (Sept. 30) and I was curious how long post-op did everyone wait to step back on a scale? Or do you just wait and weigh-in at doctors' appointments? I know that right now is not a good time for me to weigh myself, I am still bloated and probably still have some fluids built up from surgery.

When did y'all first weigh yourself again post surgery? or have you yet?

I weighed myself right away. I was curious.

I don't have it recorded and can't remember anything (so that doesn't help you :thumbup:. 4 days after surgery I was down two lbs per the tickerfactory.

I also got on the scale right away. Not the best or most accurate thing to do, but its like a kid on Christmas morning; you just can't wait. I also stepped on the scale at 7 days post op and was down 9 lbs.

I couldn't wait either. I stepped on the scale the day after surgery, and every day since. I love seeing the numbers drop, it keeps me motivated!

Funny to hear you bringing up this topic, I just blogged about this exact thing. Going to see Mr.Scale every day is NOT a good thing to do, our bodies change constantly, but...... i have done it every day since surgery, sometimes more than once....its awful..LOL

My weight after banding has changed by ten lbs in a day. This happens often, at least a 6-10 lbs change, going up and down and up in 24 hours! I'll often weigh less in the afternoon than the morning. The scale numbers are fascinating for me, and I check often! I just record the medical appointment weights.

I do weigh the same time every day. I sometimes check for reference at night but i know I am 3 lbs higher at night or during the day.

Thanks so much for all of your answers! I broke down and weighed today, 4 days after surgery, and my weight is exactly the same as the morning of surgery. It is confusing but I know that I haven't had one bite of food since Monday and I spend most of my day on my feet or walking chasing my daughter so their is no way my weight could stay the same! Hopefully the scale will show a loss soon.

Edited by Katlynn

Thanks so much for all of your answers! I broke down and weighed today, 4 days after surgery, and my weight is exactly the same as the morning of surgery. It is confusing but I know that I haven't had one bite of food since Monday and I spend most of my day on my feet or walking chasing my daughter so their is no way my weight could stay the same! Hopefully the scale will show a loss soon.

Oh don't worry, you'll see a difference soon! Give it a few more days. Your body might be retaining some Water too. I was the same for about 5 days then all of a sudden on the 6th day BAM I'm down 5 pounds. Keep your spirits up.

Thanks MilWif! I was down 2 pounds today so at least I am moving in the right direction!

Hmarko, bless your heart for mentioning that. I've had very few and to be honest I'm not sure they counted, if you know what I mean LOL.

I am enjoying a cream Soup for lunch! Best damn thing I've had in a long time. Much better than just Water and broth that I was on since the day before surgery!

Thanks MilWif! I was down 2 pounds today so at least I am moving in the right direction!

Hmarko, bless your heart for mentioning that. I've had very few and to be honest I'm not sure they counted, if you know what I mean LOL.

I am enjoying a cream Soup for lunch! Best damn thing I've had in a long time. Much better than just Water and broth that I was on since the day before surgery!

I stayed on full liquids longer than my doctor said I had to, I didn't want to slow down my weightloss, even now, I have a Protein shake for at least one of my meals. You are doing great!

Thanks Dee, you are doing great too! I understand about wanting to stay on the liquids longer than necessary....I am contemplating doing that as well. Did you add in the Soups too or just Water and broth?

Thanks Dee, you are doing great too! I understand about wanting to stay on the liquids longer than necessary....I am contemplating doing that as well. Did you add in the Soups too or just Water and broth?

I did the soups, Jello,cottage cheese, oh and I love the sugar free popsicles