Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm confused. I have been reading and reading your wonderful posts and have learned a ton of information. There is one thing that is not clear. Post op some of you have 10 days Clear Liquids, some are allowed oatmeal, some mashed potatoes, Soups, ect. What is allowed and what is not? Please clarify. Thanks again for all of the info. You guys are the best!!!:thumbup:

it seems to really vary depending on your doctor. mine says clear liquids for 7 days then full liquids for 7 days before moving on to mushy.

though i've seen people post who were allowed to go to mushy after only a couple of days.

best thing to do is follow your doctor's plan.

I was CLEAR liquids in the hospital (2 days essentially) full liquids for about 8 days (till my first appointment at the surgeons office) then it was full liquids for a week, soft/mushy for 2 weeks--then full diet.

Everything about this procedure is different from doctor to doctor

I really do mean everything.

take hints, ideas and questions for your doctor from this postboard--everything else do what he tells you to do.

My Dr. never said clear liquids. He said 14 days of full liquids, then 7 days of mushy food. It depends, dr. to dr.

My DR has 14 days Full liquids (which does not include eggs, cottage cheese, etc) but does include yogurt and pudding. And then 4 weeks of mushies (today is day 2 woo hoo!)!!!

Like it's been said hundreds of times before, every doctor is different. BECAUSE OF THIS, I decided just to be in tune with my body and that worked for me. When liquids wasn't enough, I ate mushy because to me, it obviously meant the swelling was down.

Even after fills my doc insists on 2 days liquid but I don't see the point! I don't eat a steak, but I have found no one has a good reason for that!

THIS IS JUST WHAT I DO b/c I've always been in tune with my body- don't blame me if that doesn't work! :frown:

Congrats!! I'm getting more and more excited. I restricted to 1200 cal. today and chewed my food slowly. I took a full 20 min to eat my dinner (whoo, whoo for me) but I have a long, long way to go. Best of luck to you and thnks to all for the answers!! Very helpful!