Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sweet Spot or possibly too tight - that is the question

Thanks Elcee:

I went to the doc, they removed the .25 cc fill and will give me another fill probably .10. I feel much better but I'm sad because I'm now wanting to eat more like I was before the fill. I want to be at the right level. Maybe that next fill will do it for me!

Hey everyone...I am new here. Had realize band 4-10-09 and have had my 5th adjustment on 10-23. I have no idea how many cc's this is as my dr will not tell me :sad: The last adjustment was rough and it took a few weeks to settle...what is sliming? I do not know the term....I have vomitted a good bit...and well it is "slimy" like in a bubble...is this normal??

Thanks for any clues :)

Hi....Sliming is when you just have saliva coming up and coming up. It's not vomit, just saliva filling up your mouth. Vomiting isn't good though, your band might be too tight. It could be too tight if you feel a knot in your throat, have reflux/heartburn or aren't getting enough liquids in. That was happening to me!

LOL I had to follow my own advice yesterday.

Could eat just about anything prior to my last fill 3 weeks ago but still got hungry inbetween meals so had a small fill of .3ml. I have PB'd or got stuck far too often in the last 3 weeks. I would start eating and feel as though there was some kind of lump in my throat preventing the food going down. I PB'd foods that should have been easy such as tinned fish, mince etc . I thought it would get better but it didn't so yesterday I admitted defeat and got an unfill of .25ml. That means my total fill is probably around 3ml but I don't know exactly as my Dr's do not take the fill amount out to check as it is now believed that that can cause problems.

It felt so much better to be able to eat proper food without discomfort. I believe I still have restriction as I am still only able to eat less than preband.

I think one of the problems is the 3 meals a day and no Snacks philosophy that a lot of Dr's adhere to. I believe that this is unrealistic. Yes I can go for 4 hours without getting hungry which gets me from Breakfast to lunch but lunch to dinner is normally about 7 hours and this I can't manage without a snack.So long as it is healthy I don't see this as a major problem.

Hi everyone --- I was banded on 8/26/09 had my first fill on 10/2/09 -- I've only had slight restriction since then. I'm not even sure it was restriction. I would eat and then 1/2 hour or so I would fill yucky. Anyway, went to dr. this morning and had my second fill (another 1.5cc) -- not that I want to fill restriction but hoping too, if that makes since. Have been losing weight without restriction, but I think I need that xtra boost to lose more. I'm a little scarred hearing how you will feel and this sliming issue. I'm on liquids for 3 days then pureed. Wish me luck.

LOL I had to follow my own advice yesterday.

Could eat just about anything prior to my last fill 3 weeks ago but still got hungry inbetween meals so had a small fill of .3ml. I have PB'd or got stuck far too often in the last 3 weeks. I would start eating and feel as though there was some kind of lump in my throat preventing the food going down. I PB'd foods that should have been easy such as tinned fish, mince etc . I thought it would get better but it didn't so yesterday I admitted defeat and got an unfill of .25ml. That means my total fill is probably around 3ml but I don't know exactly as my Dr's do not take the fill amount out to check as it is now believed that that can cause problems.

It felt so much better to be able to eat proper food without discomfort. I believe I still have restriction as I am still only able to eat less than preband.

I think one of the problems is the 3 meals a day and no Snacks philosophy that a lot of Dr's adhere to. I believe that this is unrealistic. Yes I can go for 4 hours without getting hungry which gets me from breakfast to lunch but lunch to dinner is normally about 7 hours and this I can't manage without a snack.So long as it is healthy I don't see this as a major problem.

I totally agree!

My nutritionist and surgeon do not prevent us from eating Snacks. She says that’s a great time to get in some extra Protein, or some servings of fruits and veggies. She believes in getting our full days worth of nutrition!

I just don’t see how that is possible from only 3 meals a day. We don’t eat enough per meal to do that.

Not only that, but really… who gets so hungry that you can’t think straight but is still able to go home and make the right choices? I can’t. Why I needed help in the first place.