Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im trying to find a shake I can stomach. Need Opinions.

Has anyone tried The Bariatric Advantage High Protein Meal Replacement shakes? Anyone have a favorite flavor??

Im really picky and too sweet or too chalky makes me puke or gag.

Anyone have a recommendation on another brand?

Thanks.

Try Lean Body ready to go shakes. They come in several flavors chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and banana. They can be found at GNC stores, contain 40g Protein and no sugar.

Has anyone tried The Bariatric Advantage High Protein Meal Replacement shakes? Anyone have a favorite flavor??

Thanks.

Corinne,

My favorite Protein shake is Myoplex Carb Control; it has 25 grams of Protein and only 3 net carbs. I buy the already mixed shakes (11.2 oz) and only buy chocolate Fudge. I get them at my local GNC health food store (our grocery stores don't carry the Carb Control), but you can also order them online--I can just get them a bit cheaper at GNC. You should give these a try, I highly recommend them:thumbup:

scout47

Believe me when I say I have tried them all!

Here is my favorite and actually almost look forward to it

1 Packet sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast I use Milk chocolate (60 calories 5 grams protein)

3 Scoops Beneprotein (75 calories 18 grams protein)

1 Cup Calorie Countdown milk alternative (45 calories and 9 grams of protein)

Mix in the Blender and ENJOY!

I buy the bottled Carnation Instant Breakfast Lite. I tried a couple others and the EAS made me naseauos. The CIB is worth the cost to me, it fills me up, satisfies the chocolate craving and meets the Protein requirements.

Most of the shakes are too sweet for me as well. I cannot stomach any of the vanilla or chocolate or strawberry shakes.< /p>

I can handle the Atkins Dark chocolate Royale (not as sweet) and the Mocha Latte. They have 15 g Protein, and 2 g sugar. They are not the highest Protein drinks out there, but definitely tolerable. Also, I will take the dark chocolate royale, put it in the blender with a half a banana, and some milk, and ice cubes and add in unflavored Protein. The unflavored does not bother me at all. I got the GNC brand unflavored. And, I try to put it in everything.

I'm definitely not a big Protein Powder, shake, etc. fan. I can't stand slimfast, for example. But I really do like the EAS Carb Smart chocolate fudge shake - and I'm not a big chocolate fan, either. Because it is a little too rich for me, I add a half cup 1% milk and a packet of Equal to it. It's what I have for breakfast just about every day. I haven't tried their vanilla, but I've made do with the rich dark chocolate when Walmart was out of the chocolate fudge. But it's even richer.

Thanks.

hi there my date is oct 19..if everything goes smoothly..as to the shakes, the best i have tried is oh yeah shakes, they are sugar free and great source of Protein. my dr's office suggested the web site bariatriceating.com and they have a sample basket you can order for about 60$..it came with all diff protein powders in diff flavors, some ready to drink shakes, vitamine samples, a great book with awesome recipies, and a shaker. check out the web site, let me know what you thing.:)

Thanks.

Hi! This is Coe. I had the Lap-Band surgery July 23, 2009.

I like the unjury shakes or the EAS (You can purchase

EAS from Wal Mart). Neither of the two are chalky, too

sweet, or gritty. Hint: chocolate is my favorite and you

can add a sugar-free fudgesicle to it to make it more like

a real "milkshake".

Hi! This is Coe. I had the LAP-BAND® surgery July 23, 2009.

I like the Unjury shakes or the EAS (You can purchase

EAS from Wal Mart). Neither of the two are chalky, too

sweet, or gritty. Hint: chocolate is my favorite and you

can add a sugar-free fudgesicle to it to make it more like

a real "milkshake".

I hanen't tried many others.

Thanks.

I don't like it at all- it is chalky and the flavor is not rich enough...more of a Vitamin taste to me. I have a two pound jar left over from my pre op diet. At the end of the pre op stage, I couldn't stand to look at or smell a Protein Drink and I haven't had one since.

I do need to get back on them for my Protein, though, so I might try one of the smoothie type drinks that the others suggested.

(I ony wish I had a blender at work so that I could add fruit!)

I can tell you not to waste your money on Zoic Nutritional drink--it tasted like ass.

My nutritionist recommended Muscle Milk LIGHT. I get them in chocolate and really do like them. two thumbs up :smile: