Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! I Gained 2 Lbs

I'm so scared. I had sugery on 9/26/05 lost 17 lbs and today I'm up 2 lbs. This isn't the direction that I want to be going. Can anyone comment? Has this happened to anyone else????

2 pounds will fall off again overnight. Dont' worry!! If needed, stay away form the scales but once a week. If 2 pounds makes you worry (and it shouldn't) then don't weigh! Really, it will be okay. I lost 15 pounds post surgery and didnt' lose anything else for almost 3 months. I was up and down 2 pounds all the time during that period. It is normal for your weight loss to slow dramatically at some point, especailly after your diet chnges from liquids to mushies, then on to solids. Try not to worry, even though I know it's hard. :)

you were just banded. From the date listed, it's just about the time when most poeple start back on food from their liquid diet.

Your colon is probably holding that 2 pounds. Doesn't mean anything. It's not fat, it's the ... stuff that your colon and intestines hold

Glo, did you go from liquids to solids? This could be why you are seeing a weight gain..most of us here oncewewent from liquids to either mushy or solids saw a weight gain, it is only normal. Do not worry, this is just the first few weeksm focus more on healing, once you get your fills, things will change. I know it is frustrating but you are normal.

I was banded on 9/30 and I was 229 the other day and now I'm 231. Who cares - I've still officially lost 14 pounds so fluctuating 2 lbs is no big deal. I could fluxuate as much as 5 pounds per day before banding so I wouldn't worry too much!

I went from liquids to full liquids and I do think that it is probably due to the change in diet. I just got back from Barnes and Noble and found a wonderful book. weight loss surgery for dummies. It details everything one needs to know from start to finish. It has a 7 day menu suggestion sheet for all the stages that we go through from pre surgery, post surgery, liquids, full liquids, puree, soft to solids, it shows Breakfast, lunch dinner and Snacks. I need this type of menu ideas otherwise I'm not sure that I'm getting the nutrients that I need otherwise on my own. I'm so glad that I found this book. only $21. The book covers all types of WLS and gives valuable info for all types of surgery in case anyone out there is interested. Thank you for your comments. I was about to run to weight watchers :) Now I'm okay :D also, I'm not going to get on the scale every day. That will make you crazy.

I'm not going to get on the scale every day. That will make you crazy.

My feelings exactly..I only weigh on Mondays PERIOD!

We have a weekly sclae challenge here, join it and post your weight weekly. It does help to only weigh once aweek, otherwise you obsess about it. GLo dont get discouraged if you see a gain from full liquids to solids either, this it normal. Once your body adjusts to the new ammount of calories , you should start losing again :)

I saw you in chat but we really didn't get a chance to talk. I just want to encourage you to keep your chin up. I know that it can be so frustrating at times, but you're doing great!

I may have to see about getting that book. It sounds like a good one, and I thank you for suggesting it!

Lovecat don't feel bad, I had my surgery on 9/30 too. I started at 290.9 and during pre op I lost 11lbs. I was 279 on 9/30 and on 10/2 I was back at 289 go figure. I've since lost 10 lbs as of today 10/8. Glo - Hang in there. Take care

step away from the scale before someone gets hurt! are you coming upon that time of the month? I will stall or gain right before and when its over whoosh I drop right back down. I have been a bit of scale junkie lately and have noticed that I can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in a day - don't let it get you down. I saw someone post that 16 oz of Water weighs over 1lb so that Water weight (or if you have been drinking a lot during the day) can really get you.

Good luck,

Listen to these woman they no! It,s propley Water weight...If you live by the scale like I, do,then go on the first thing in the morning I have been up atleast eight pounds at night because I drink lots of Water and after supper.

if Im up a pound on that old scale, then I no that I have to hit it a little harder with exercise that evening. well good luck with you new band it will take some time for you to get to no it like your body then you will start losing and that day will come soon hang in there! JOHNQ

don't even trip out about it. a lot of people gain after surgery but before their first fill including me! dropped 8lbs straigt out of surgery - gained back 4lbs before my first fill. have finally got that 4lbs back off and am sitting at an 8lb loss but have another fill next week. so don't even worry about it, its going ot happen