Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I HATE my surgeons office.

Sorry guys, I just need to vent and feel like you guys are always so easy to talk to....So thanks in advance for listening! So, I have basically not much restriction at all, after 3 fills. I was scheduled to see my surgeon about it on Monday. I get all the way there, it takes 30 minutes, and they messed up my appt and did not have me in the books. This is the 2nd time they have done this to me. The first time being they screwed up my surgery date! They couldn't get me in next until OCTOBER 22nd! I was so mad. Now I get a call today saying that he will be out of town the 22nd and they have to push my appt back to the 26th now. He's only in office 2 days a week as it is, and when you go, you always end up waiting an hour in the waiting room.

Aside from that, his office staff is not good at all, they are not caring or comforting, they are harsh and quick. The surgeon himself is good, his office is so tiny, there are only 6 chairs in the waiting room, I always end up standing waiting.

Anyway, I'm just super frustrated. I am even considering changing surgeons for follow up care, but I hear that that is like pulling teeth. I just don't know what to do! :)

I don't have any advice to offer you as to how to go about changing band doctors, but I feel your pain. I don't blame you for being frustrated. I wonder if the doctor knows what how inept his office staff is. I bet you're not the only patient at their wit's end.

Thanks kiz. I can't imagine I'm the only one either! I will definitely say something to him though at my next appt about how I feel. It just really stinks that I have to wait so long.

Carrie, I think that is totally unacceptable! I would definitely look for another doctor. Check on here first. I believe there is a section where you can search for doctors by area.

If you are having troubles and you can't get in for basically another month, you need to move on and find someone who will treat you right!

You could even call your insurance company and ask them for other doctors in your area who would be covered under your plan.

Good luck! You deserve better than that!

Thanks Ann! You are right. I'm going to look into it. I will start on here, like you suggested. It's so frustrating, and I hate to make the change to someone who didn't do my surgery, but honestly, I can't keep going on like this. It's just unfair!

OMG I feel for you! I had the same experience with my surgery facility in Beverly Hills!! I hated them SOOO MUCH I had to switch doctors.

The transition to my new doctor was pretty easy. I say you find a new Dr. ASAP; it makes all the difference in the world!

Good luck! :))

Thank you so much for your reply! It helps to know that someone else went through this and had an easy transition! I am going to try to find another one asap!

carrie, I was going to have my surgery here in phoenix by one of the best surgeon. Then I heard from everyone that he is a great surgeon but the (lack of) aftercare made it a horrible experience and people couldn't use the tool the way it shoould be used. So I was banded in mexico. Then I had to find a dr here in town for my aftere care. I found a great dr and it has been smooth sailing. In all this Im just saying switching after care doctors does not have to be a bad thing. Especially if in the long run it is what is best for you and your journey. Good luck and I will pray for your situation!:)

Thanks so much! I'm so happy to hear that it was easy for you! I guess maybe I was expecting the worse and I shouldn't. Thanks so much for the kind words! Best of luck!

That just makes me count my blessings. My doctor has 2 offices and surgeries so he's not there a ton of time in any week BUT he has a partner who is not a surgeon and a physician's assistant that are always there. I don't even really care if I see the surgeon because I don't have any problems AND I can see the PA or the "office doc" whenever I need to. Lucky me.

I'm really sorry you're having these problems. When you do go in, I suggest that you express your dissatisfaction with your surgeon....after all, it's a problem with the way he's running his practice. See what his reaction is. Then, if you aren't satisfied, start seriously shopping for another doctor.

Good luck.

Yes, Change surgeons. I did and it was the best thing I have ever done. For anyone that is interested, Do you know Scottsdale Bariatric, Arizona, Dr. Blackstone, does not even have a full time office staff? If you are considering going there, be warned. (Center of Excellence means nothing when you can't reach anyone)

I know it is a pain but I had problems too and I have changed too BEFORE surgery. Most Surgeons don't want to deal with anothers handy work. I am very happy with the offices I chose the second time around.... yes it has delayed me a bit but this is a life long relationship.

Think hard about it and your future needs. It is not just a few month commitment.

Edited by HappyHomeCC

OMG I feel for you! I had the same experience with my surgery facility in Beverly Hills!! I hated them SOOO MUCH I had to switch doctors.

The transition to my new doctor was pretty easy. I say you find a new Dr. ASAP; it makes all the difference in the world!

Good luck! :))

I guess you went where I went LOL Good you ran too!!!

I would change Doctors asap. Don't wait till your next appt on 10/26/09 to voice your concerns. The office screwed up. Have them fit you in asap. There's always a cancellation. There are plenty of Docs out there that can work with you.

Good luck and don't get discouraged.

Thanks John, you are right. I called them this morning to tell them I needed to get in asap and they said they have to call me back. I'm just really stressed about it all! Thanks for letting me vent.

HappyHomeCC, I realize this is something I have to deal with for the rest of my life, that's why I am considering changing surgeons.