Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 days from today I'll be banded.

I have been working so long towards this goal, and now that it's actually going to happen, I'm getting nervous.

I'm not scared of the surgery.

I'm not scared of the process.

I'm not scared of the work it's going to take.

I'm scared that this is my last chance.

I mean... I've tried everything else and it didn't last...

What if this doesn't work either?

What will I do then?

I mean, I always knew surgery was an option...I always knew I could always resort to it if I couldn't do it on my own.

If this doesn't work..... I'm out of options.

I guess I could always be the Jolly Fat Lady of our town.

I could play Mrs. Clause at the Christmas fair.

I suppose I could make the lovely fat people clothes with horizontal stripes and BIG RED flowers on the front work for me.

I would find an assortment of Moo Moo's to wear.

But that isn't really what I had in mind for myself.

I'm sure this will work.

No... really! kinda.

Edited by txcloverangel

Dana:

I hear you girl! I am being banded oct 23 and stil can't believe it... I guess we'll just have to wait and see if we can become that woman of our dreams... Me? I will be just happy without knee pain, being able to sit with my play therapy clients in the floor without feeling like a 90 yr old!

So, good luck to you, keep up that great attitude and you'll see that you'll make it!

weight.png

Ok your fears are all normal. BUT look at it a different way.. This is the beginning to your life! This is the tool you are going to use to get to goal.

Now how you get there, get a support team in place BEFORE surgery. Mine is on here in the kaiser richmond area of the board yeah most of us on there are post op.. But we meet in person, and have helped each other thru the process and now with the weight loss.

if i had been alone.. I would have given up MANY times..

So.. Congratulations on the new you!!! Your gonna love your band.. I hope:) LIke i love mine:D

Dana -- don't worry. If you are committed to working your band, it is going to work for you. Honestly, it requires effort, but it's not that hard. In fact, it's a zillion times easier than staying on a diet for months and months, then trying to maintain.

I'm 11 months out and 14 pounds from goal. I could not have done this on my own, but here I am anyway. Yes, I've worked to plan meals, to make good choices and to get myself working out like never before in my life. But, having this little thing that stops me from overeating every single day works like a charm.

I wish you the very best in your band journey! Take your measurements and before/after photos now!! You're going to want them later.

Best wishes,

Catherine

Dana,

I am getting banded on 10/20. I totally can relate to your concerns...I'm thinking the same way. We need to think positively! :) We can do it! :smile:

Absolutely 100% agree with you. I'm thinking the same thing. I'm being banded November 12th. I am thinking will this work since nothing else has for me. Can I do it this time? Will it last this time?

I'm sick of people seeing me who haven't seen me in years and knowing they think to themselves.. "oh look, she is fat again"...... yup... I hate it.

This is my last chance as well.

But we have to think positive right? We can do it!

That's going to be my mantra... even if I don't believe it some days.

WE CAN DO IT!