Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little help....

About 2 weeks ago I had a really bad case of getting stuck, about a week after getting a fill. So since that PB episode I did the usual, 24hrs of liquids and stayed light with my food choices about 2 days after that.

Recently since that PB episode things aren't RIGHT....Every time I eat something, BUT not all the time I get that feeling of "oh no im stuck pain" to immediately going away.

I am extremely nervous as to what is causing this...Has anyone felt this way? Could it be a slip, or just really inflamed?

Sounds like you are inflamed, irritated. I would stick to mushy, soft foods. You are a tighter now because of a fill, how big are your bites? Make sure thay are no bigger than a dime, put your fork down between bites. What did you get stuck on?

Now is the time you need to make notes of foods that you get stuck when you eat. These foods might become off limits to you, if you eat the again and you get stuck, then you have to make note that you won't be able to eat them.

If you are still having issues and the PB episodes become more frequent, you will need to go see your doc. PB episodes are not good, so you don't want to be too tight that you are getting stuck with every meal. But really make sure you are taking small bites, that your chewing and you are waiting a little bit between bites. With each fill you get, your eating will need to change, so remember that, that was hard for me to remember.

I would follow Sunshine's advice.

Many people have said that they really don't get the full effect of their fill until two weeks have passed. You may have just gotten a delayed reaction.

There's almost no chance that you got a slip after one stuck episode. Your band should have been anchored in by stitches, so I wouldn't worry that there's a slip. Either you just need to get used to this new level of restriction and be a little more careful about your food choices and the speed in which you're eating, or your stoma is still a little inflamed and just needs some more time to settle down.

How big was your last fill, and are you taking liquids okay? If you continue to get stuck on solids, and most definitely if you start to have trouble with liquids, call your doctor about getting a tiny unfill.

Thanks for replying back both of you. I have 3cc's in a 10cc band If I'm correct. I have a problem (or I should say bad habit) with eating fast, and taking big bites. So today I decided I need to really slow it down a few notches to see how things go. So I had some success today, I took my time and I didn't have that feeling.

I also spoke with the nurse at my doctors office, and he thinks I could be really inflamed and to take it slowly...Either way I am seeing him on Thursday, so we'll see how things go.

Pray for me :(