Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! A Yummy Snack:)

OMG! I have discovered a delicious (and nutritious) snack... Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds. I bought a large container (38oz) at Sam's Club for less that $10. Here is the nutritional info: 150calories/1oz serving, total carbs/6g, dietary fiber/3g, sugars/1g, protein/6g, and cholesterol/0g.

If you are looking for something crunchy and chocolately that will NOT wreck your weightloss, TRY THESE NUTS!!! :seeya:

They sound great, but how do you stop after an oz or 2?

Those would get me in trouble big time! I would eat far more than 1 oz at each feeding. Think I better stay away from them.

Can't say that I've tried these almonds, but I have found a snack I really enjoy. The True North Pistaschio Crisps. 140 calories per serving, 7 grams of fat (6 grams that are unsaturated) and 5 grams of Protein. Very nice crunch and satisfying.

I thought nuts were no-no because of getting stuck.:smile2:

I hope not because I eat them!

I'm eating nuts and seeds at three weeks, with my NUTs permission. I find they ground down in my mouth like the chewable vitamins. My weight loss is still good. I love nuts and seeds, and yet don't find them a trigger food. 1/8 cup does fine for me. I get the sprouted pumpkin seeds, dry roasted soy nuts (at Costco), flax, hemp...My fat totals stay decent for the day, and the nuts and seeds up the Protein, besides the Fiber that is also difficult to get enough of.

Thanks for the information on the almonds.

hi, not sure if the Schwan Company has a truck that visit's your state or area...you can order online. I found a yummy treat too.

Trim Creations chocolate Fudge Sticks

serv size: 1

Calories: 50

Total Fat: 0

Cholestrol: 0

Sodium: 45 mg

Tot Carbs: 14 g

Dietary Fiber: 5 g

Sugars: 4 g

Sorbitol: 2g

Protein: 3g

Calcium: 10%

They are a creamy chocolate, they come in a box of 24 for $9.99. Made with nonfat milk. They are also a good size about the size of frozen fruit bars. :smile2:

Almonds are a great healthy snack, as long as you only eat one serving at a time. They are very high in fat and calories, but the fat is a good one.

They are high in fiber and in Protein as well. It will stop the hunger pangs for awhile... but like someone mentioned - how can you stick to only one portion? I have a really hard time with that!

any time i purchase in bulk, i measure out servings in snack size zip lock bags. Same thing when i made my chili or spag sauce or sheperds pie, I pack away in 1/2 cup and 1 cup serving containers, i have so many of them now, seems I buy a pack each time i go to the store. Made my chili yesterday and my sheperds pie today, now I just have to take them out and pop them in the microwave and ready to eat.

any time i purchase in bulk, i measure out servings in snack size zip lock bags. Same thing when i made my chili or spag sauce or sheperds pie, I pack away in 1/2 cup and 1 cup serving containers, i have so many of them now, seems I buy a pack each time i go to the store. Made my chili yesterday and my sheperds pie today, now I just have to take them out and pop them in the microwave and ready to eat.

I do that too, it's a great idea. Especially if it's something you know you can eat more of than a single portion size!

To satisfy my crunch cravings and to curb the hunger I snack of dried edamame and soynuts. I just order them online from Amazon.com.< /span>

Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame:

130 cals, 4g fat, 8g Fiber, 14g Protein per 1/4 cup

Sensible Foods organic soy nuts:

110cals, 5g fiber, 8gprotein in an ounce

I am on the road a lot and I also carry 1oz snack of Worlds Kitchen beef jerky...many flavors and also order on Amazon.com. I also break my snack down into the snack size bags.

Also eat Pure Protein Bars and Myoplex Lite to satisfy my chocolate craving. Both from Walmart or Amazon