Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Closer!!

Hello everyone!! I am so glad I found this site. I'm finally getting closer to my surgery. I don't have an exact date but my doctor and I are thinking the 2nd or 3rd week of November. Wow. That seems so far away. I thought I would have had my surgery by now but my insurance came back and said I had to have 6 months of supervised weight loss visits. 4 down, 2 to go. I can't wait. I'm so excited. My doctor is Diego Velarde and he practices in Palm Bay, Florida. That's where I live. Anyone out there close? I would love to find a close buddy to go thru this with. Any advice, suggestions, motivation is greatly appreciated!! I hope to learn alot from this forum. I don't think anyone can be too prepared. Hope to hear back from some new friends.:(

I was finally banded on Sept. 18th. I went to my first Dr. Apt last October. I was told in December that I would have to do a 6 mo diet plan with my doctor so I started that Jan. 15th. I had my last Dr. Apt at the beginning of July and then my file was sent to the insurance co for approval. They took FOREVER!!! First they came back and said that they needed more information about the surgery (and also that they had 15 business days to review the file) so they took 15 business days to review my file, then another 15 business days to review the info about the surgery and then they came back and said that they needed a letter from my Dr. stating that I was cleared for surgery. It was the beginning of September before I got my final approval. I hope that you don't have to go through all of this. Good luck to you!! I am looking forward to my new journey.

Oh my!! That doesn't sound good. I sure hope they don't give me the run around. When my doctor's office first contacted my insurance, it went pretty smooth. Even when they came back and said I had to do the supervised visits. It was pretty quick. Although, waiting for 6 months to pass sure doesn't seem like it. My doc has already done the medically necessary letter and I think with all surgeries, your PCP has to do a H&P on you. What else could they want??? I hope this is it. Hopefully after my 6th visit, my doc will submit the final paperwork and we get the go ahead within a week or two. My fingers are crossed.

So, how has your first week been? Any complications? Anything you weren't ready for or expecting? Tell me everything!! I'm really eager!!