Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Months to get to sweet spot??????

Hi. I am so curious. I know everyone is different, but I would like to know how long after surgery did it take to get to your sweet spot. I am 4 months post op with 6.3ccs in a 10cc LAP-BAND®®. I am not there yet.

BTW, I've lost a total of 9lbs and lots of inches. I haven't measured, but my inch loss is noticeable. I exercise and watch what I eat. The weight is not coming off as fast as I would like.

Edited by 2911plans

I think it tooke me about 5-6 months to get to my sweet spot. I def. lost weight before I got to my sweet spot, but I really had to work hard to get that weight off. After that , it came off much more easily....however, it was now harder in other ways...bc I can't always eat what I want, etc.

I was lucky enough to have some restriction since surgery. I have never really not had it. I was just a little tighter after each fill, but could usually eat most of the foods I want. I have been at my current level since November of last year, which was 4 months after surgery.

I was lucky enough to have some restriction since surgery. I have never really not had it. I was just a little tighter after each fill, but could usually eat most of the foods I want. I have been at my current level since November of last year, which was 4 months after surgery.

Crzytchr will you clarify your comment, "...but could usually eat most of the foods I want."

Could you eat most anything, but not as much because of restriction? You have lost a lot of weight. Congratulations!

Crzytchr will you clarify your comment, "...but could usually eat most of the foods I want."

Could you eat most anything, but not as much because of restriction? You have lost a lot of weight. Congratulations!

I eat about 1/3 of what I did before being banded. Immediately after my fills, for about 2 weeks, I couldn't do bread, but I can now.

Examples:

pizza: i eat 1 slice of thin crust from a medium pizza instead of 3 slices of hand tossed

I HOP breakfast: now I eat 1 pancake and half of a egg and cheese omelet, instead of the 3 eggs w/3 pancakes meal with a side of toast

Chilis: I eat a cup of chili with 4 crackers and maybe some skillet queso, instead of 1/2 of a skillet queso order and 1/2 of an order of chicken quesidillas

Chick fil A: I eat 1/2 of a chicken biscuit for Breakfast instead of a whole chicken biscuit and a cinnamon cluster ( those things were so good, but I haven't touched one since before banding, cuz it's not worth it)

As you can see, I can still eat many foods and I like having the ability to eat them. I don't want to be any tighter, even if it means I can lose an extra pound per week. I am happy like this and I think if I ate less, it would feel too much like dieting and that is not why I was banded. To me, that means this is my sweet spot.:seeya:

Crzytchr thanks for clarifying. That is what I am hoping for. To eat what I want, but not as much. That has helped me understand restriction. I am eating less than I did before the band, but could still eat a little more than 1/2 cup of food. Nothing sticks right now. Some people can't eat bread, chicken or shrimp. I can eat all of those foods without any problems.

I go back for my 7th fill in 2 weeks. I'm keeping my fingers cross that this will be the last fill needed for a while.

Edited by 2911plans

Please realize that I do eat more than 1/2 cup of food. I eat more like 1 to 1 1/2 cups, but I am losing and it is an amount I am happy with. If you go for that fill, I would suggest it be a small one. If you feel at ALL restricted when drinking Water, then have them take a tiny amount out. When you get close to your "sweet spot", your fills may only need to be .25cc at a time to "tweak" your band. Good luck!

Hi. I am so curious. I know everyone is different, but I would like to know how long after surgery did it take to get to your sweet spot. I am 4 months post op with 6.3ccs in a 10cc LAP-BAND®®®. I am not there yet.

BTW, I've lost a total of 9lbs and lots of inches. I haven't measured, but my inch loss is noticeable. I exercise and watch what I eat. The weight is not coming off as fast as I would like.

2911, im right there with u....i was banded 6/19, with no fill...and i just started feeling hard core restriction after this last fill of .7 on 9/24 which brought me to 7cc's in my 10cc lap band ap band. i thought i was the only one who didnt really fell restriction half way through the band size...but i see ur experiencing it too...im 3 months out and have lost a total of of like 27-31 lbs since surgery....and believe me i was expecting to loose that in a month or two not 3 months...but im having to really tell myself that it takes time and that im not the same as everyone else....i was just barely at 90lbs overweight when i had surgery so i sometimes wonder if its taking its time b/c i wasnt like 150lbs or more overweight...heck i dont know... i have been working out atleast 4x's a week....and i have noticed my jeans are looser on me...in the waist area...but my damn thighs are what i want to shrink as well...im currently at 223 as of this morning...so my goals are gonna just be 10 at a time...its seems easier that way then lookin at it as needing to drop another 60...

As far as my foods i still pretty much eat what i like...before surgery i pretty much ate alot or Protein and veggies, but i over did the portion sizes and i wasnt active at all. i do love sweets....so that has been a struggle trying to juggle...if i do eat a sweet i have to eat it early in the day...i have no problem with shrimp but i do with white meat (chicken) and ham, whether its deli style or thanksgiving style...those things get stuck it hurts soo bad. I was also a fast eater before banding....i blame it on being half asian lol...even though most asians are small..they scarf down their food....i mean they eat at the speed of light....and i have had to really slow down and take the time to chew or else i will get stuck like chuck..and i just don't want to feel those pains anymore....before this last fill i was really starting to regret getting the band b/c i wasnt feeling restriction..but this last fill almost has me at that spot....i even now feel that whole morning tightness that everyone talks about since this last fill...so we just gotta be patient and give it time.....we're not even 6 months out yet...so i think we should give it 6-8 months after banding and if we still haven't lost a sufficient amt...then thats when we can really began to fuss..... :seeya:

2911, im right there with u....i was banded 6/19, with no fill...and i just started feeling hard core restriction after this last fill of .7 on 9/24 which brought me to 7cc's in my 10cc LAP-BAND® ap band. i thought i was the only one who didnt really fell restriction half way through the band size...but i see ur experiencing it too...im 3 months out and have lost a total of of like 27-31 lbs since surgery....and believe me i was expecting to loose that in a month or two not 3 months...but im having to really tell myself that it takes time and that im not the same as everyone else....i was just barely at 90lbs overweight when i had surgery so i sometimes wonder if its taking its time b/c i wasnt like 150lbs or more overweight...heck i dont know... i have been working out atleast 4x's a week....and i have noticed my jeans are looser on me...in the waist area...but my damn thighs are what i want to shrink as well...im currently at 223 as of this morning...so my goals are gonna just be 10 at a time...its seems easier that way then lookin at it as needing to drop another 60...

As far as my foods i still pretty much eat what i like...before surgery i pretty much ate alot or Protein and veggies, but i over did the portion sizes and i wasnt active at all. i do love sweets....so that has been a struggle trying to juggle...if i do eat a sweet i have to eat it early in the day...i have no problem with shrimp but i do with white meat (chicken) and ham, whether its deli style or thanksgiving style...those things get stuck it hurts soo bad. I was also a fast eater before banding....i blame it on being half asian lol...even though most asians are small..they scarf down their food....i mean they eat at the speed of light....and i have had to really slow down and take the time to chew or else i will get stuck like chuck..and i just don't want to feel those pains anymore....before this last fill i was really starting to regret getting the band b/c i wasnt feeling restriction..but this last fill almost has me at that spot....i even now feel that whole morning tightness that everyone talks about since this last fill...so we just gotta be patient and give it time.....we're not even 6 months out yet...so i think we should give it 6-8 months after banding and if we still haven't lost a sufficient amt...then thats when we can really began to fuss..... :seeya:

ahb08 thanks for the enlightenment. I ony need to lose 40lbs which could be the reason my weight is not falling off. I have always been a slow eater which probably helps out since I haven't had any stuck food. I have not experienced the morning tightness that I read about either. Before I see most of my family for the holidays, I am hoping for at least another 10 pounds of weight loss. That's not too much to ask.

Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep in touch. Let me know how things are going.

ahb08 thanks for the enlightenment. I ony need to lose 40lbs which could be the reason my weight is not falling off. I have always been a slow eater which probably helps out since I haven't had any stuck food. I have not experienced the morning tightness that I read about either. Before I see most of my family for the holidays, I am hoping for at least another 10 pounds of weight loss. That's not too much to ask.

Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep in touch. Let me know how things are going.

40 lbs...yea that isnt much to loose compare to the normal goal of many wls patients...how much did u need to loose before surgery?

I wasn't on a weight loss plan. I decided to take measures into my own hands when I began to gain weight. I tried every diet and supplement made. The lapband was my last resort. I went to a seminar on a Saturday and scheduled my surgery for the next Thursday. I could not risk the scale going up any more than it had.