Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need support... someone please help!

I'm in the same boat as you!!! I was banded last Tuesday 9/22/09. I also was in ER on Saturday at 4AM with Kidney Stones - completely freaked me out! I thought I was dying and that it was the result of the band and I was so upset with myself for getting it. Labor was less painful! Anyway, it passed, I came home and now I'm cooking food for my family, and just starving!! Last night I made my favorite indulgence and baked them brownies (I just wanted to smell them!). What is wrong with me? I only tortured myself and couldn't sleep all night because I just wanted to chew something, anything! Now, today, I am restless, depressed, bored, and still need drink these liquids that are becoming less tasty as the week goes on! I feel your pain!

Hi,

I was in the hospital last friday 1 week after my surgery for dehydration. Now I have the flu.. Been throwing up, and just sick!! I am feeling more depressed as the days go by. I am taking my anti depressant.. Its NOT about the food. I have no idea why I'm depressed. I just cant stop crying.. I havent had this much anxiety in so long. I cant believe that I'm feeling like this. My mom keeps screaming at me at telling me I have to deal with it because it was my decision. I dont mean to be so negative. I just feel alone.

Hi,

I think alot of what you are feeling maybe perfectly normal for post op but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't tell you I think its time for you to call someone, maybe whoever prescribes your anti anxiety meds- do something for yourself. I think this forum is great but you need someone to talk directly to. Please, you've taken one very positive step for yourself, take another. Let us know how your doing? My thoughts are with you.

I completly know where you are coming from, I'm 19 and in college and it has taken some serious adjusting to make this life change work for me and you will too! I got really depressed after having my surgery and asking why I did this but once I was able to have more "normal" things it started to slowly drift away as I started to re-explore my new life I was starting. My family and I were raised in Italy so I understand the family that likes to eat situation and of course all my friends have the magic skinny gene, but I also found that sharing this with my friends has helped ease some of the anxiety of having this surgery done too.

Hi Jennifer and Sandy,

I am Tracy and was banded on 10-6-09. Very new here also. The site seems very friendly and informative. Hope we can keep updated on each others progress. I see my surgeon on Thursday.

Good Luck

Hi,

I am only a week post-band and know how you feel. I have had moments of OMG What have I done? Friends already made plans without me b/c of surgery and food issues. I was ticked, but then realized b/c I have chosen to manage my addiction and they haven't is their prob. not mine.:thumbup: It must be better when we move to solids. My doc sends his people home on mushie, so I have been OK. Having hunger for the first time though. Hang in there and check in on here Ok?

Tracy

Hi Tracy!

I would very much like to keep in touch! I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and feeling much better than week one! I am now on soft foods and it's much easier to maintain. I am often hungry and can't wait for my first fill! Best of luck to all of us - this is by no means the easy way out!

Sandy

I am not sure how we ended up on this other thread...I am not so good navigating around yet ....I am a bit technologically challenged LOL Last night I was very hungry and need more liquid so I made a Decaf tea, splenda and some vanilla Protein Powder. It was sweet and filling. I feel like I killed 3 birds: Liquids, Protein and satisfied the hunger. I made a large tea 20oz. so it was very filling.