Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Milestone in BC

Just letting everyone know, we did the first BC non hospital LAP-BAND® surgery today in our facility. Everything went extremely well. I am extremely proud of our team. :thumbdown:

I want to thank everyone I have approached over the past few months being so honest and sharing their experience.

I will keep you posted and can tell the North

Vancouver Bandsters in person at the next meeting.

Rhonda

Our firdt Lap Band surgery patient came to see me yesterday. He looks amazing. He stated that he does not feel like he had surgery except minor pain at the port fixation site.

I am hoping he comes to our free info seminar on Monday, Oct 5th. He would be inspirational for those that are scared of any surgery.

Rhonda

Ronda, can you tell me who is doing the surgery, how much it costs and if there a waiting l ist?

Thanks

P

Edited by Angel Eyes

Thank you, I did receive your pm. I am actually asking for a friend.

I sent my friend all the info. I didn't check it out in detail, but is there a BMI where they would NOT recommend this surgery. IE; is there a cut off number? Or is since this is plastic and/or elective surgery if there are any guidlines for that.

Thanks again,Paula

Edited by Angel Eyes

The current BMI range is 35 - 50 for Non Hospital Facility ( ie: not the hospital) This has been set by the College of Physicians and Surgeons. They may change the range once more Lap Band type procedures have been done in a non hosital setting. ( Or at least we are hoping!!)

Rhonda

Looks like Dec 2nd for me, Rhonda. Still having doubts, which is normal I presume. Reading as much as I can, which unfortunaetly includes the not-so-successful stories. I'm waiting on a couple of books from Amazon and to hear when my consult date w/dietician, etc, is. Will be planning on attending next support group for sure...yikes! Lyn

Looks like Dec 2nd for me, Rhonda. Still having doubts, which is normal I presume. Reading as much as I can, which unfortunaetly includes the not-so-successful stories. I'm waiting on a couple of books from Amazon and to hear when my consult date w/dietician, etc, is. Will be planning on attending next support group for sure...yikes! Lyn

I just read your post and had to respond. I was questioning my own decision and right up until the moment I walked into the OR. I was laying on the table, staring up at the light, and thought of jumping off the table and backing out.

I am so glad I never. I am 3 years out, at goal and friggen loving it. Best money I ever spent.

It is not easy to get to goal. I had to constantly adjust my eating and work harder at the gym. The lapband made it possible. Maintenance is possible. It was a life changing surgery.

We did 2 more Lap Bands today and both patients were happy and both did very well ( no nausea and very little pain!!)

Yosemite, any surgery is a serious decision and not to be taken lightly!! Lots of people get nervous about both the anesthetic and surgery, so you are not alone in this frame of mind!!

Call me if you need to!!

Rhonda

Congratulations RN. Is you clinic giving fills to individuals that have the band from another clinic? If so, what is the fee?

Our team talked about this issue. We will be adjusting only our own clients at this time. We plan on hopefully offering adjustment services to other facility clients in the near future tho!

Rhonda

I just read your post and had to respond. I was questioning my own decision and right up until the moment I walked into the OR. I was laying on the table, staring up at the light, and thought of jumping off the table and backing out.

I am so glad I never. I am 3 years out, at goal and friggen loving it. Best money I ever spent.

It is not easy to get to goal. I had to constantly adjust my eating and work harder at the gym. The LAP-BAND® made it possible. Maintenance is possible. It was a life changing surgery.

Thanks for the pep talk, angel eyes! I'm decided on the surgery, but nice to know pre-op jitters are normal. So good to hear of your success. VancouverRN is offering tons of support too. Getting a little impatient but it's giving me time to psych myself up for the long haul ahead. Nice to know there's so many good wishers out there. Cheers, Lyn

Our team talked about this issue. We will be adjusting only our own clients at this time. We plan on hopefully offering adjustment services to other facility clients in the near future tho!

Rhonda

Please keep our group informed. I would think providing fills for other clinics/surgeons would be profitable. I hope Slimband (TLBC) is one of them.

You guys will be the first to know when we start expand our fill portfolio!! :tongue_smilie:

Heard this song before. Same old, same old.:smile: