Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Voellinger is unofficially staying!

I have so much to be thankful for today!

My first question to dr V was are you staying....He told me that unofficially yes he is. They are still going through paper work stuff but he is staying at the Bariatric Center...Yippie...:):P:) I know that the Lord lead him to me and I could not imagine it was for him to leave. He was very happy today as I was.

So if anyone is looking for a GREAT and WONDERFUL lap-band surgeon, hang tight and call the office in a week or 2, you won't be sorry!

Now the other good news, I've lost 11 pounds since my pre-op appointment on the 19th of Oct. Total weight loss since I started liquid phase, 22 pounds.

Staples are out and oh boy does that feel good.

They want me to start regular foods so that I know what I can handle for the cruise next Friday. I plan on taking that slow, but I'm excited!!!

Thanks for all your support, you all have been great.

I go back on the 27th and then most likely a fill the following week.

I'm feeling great physically now that the staples are out. I almost meeeeeeee again!:eek:

Oh my goodness, what's going on?! I'm so glad you will keep Dr V but, really, the uncertainty must be maddening. There's a story here, just don't know what it is yet. <<things that make ya go hmmmmmm>>

yay Dianne! You sound fab. WTG!

From what I understand, he wanted to leave the Surgical Group, but wanted to stay at the Bariatric center. They are connected. Basically it sounds like politics because he wants to quit doing general surgery and concentrate on Baratric surgery. This will make him an even better baratric surgeon I think if it works out.

Melissa

Yeah, so happy to still have Dr. V on board. (hopefully). Hello Ladies - all is well with me, I'm still sore and can't wait to get these staples out on 10/12. Dianne glad to hear you are doing so well. Melissa 5 more days to go, girl are you still jumping for joy? Take care

I've organized, organized and organized some more. I'm out of stuff to organize. LOL There is still cleaning to do ...always is when you have kids. Yesterday I sat for like an hour and put my feet in the foot spa thing i haven't used in over a year. My husband was like, you sure you can sit still. I've got enough books lined up to read for at least a month. LOL I'm set just waiting on Thursday now. I do get a wee bit of distraction Tuesday night. My orientation class for my new job. I don't physically start until a few weeks after surgery. I'll be working at the Y.

Melissa

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I'm sure your anxious for this week to get started? Tomorrow, I meet with dr bauman. I'm pretty nervous. Actually, I'm anxious. I have a pretty severe herniated disc in my back and it's affecting my right foot. I am praying that the wls surgery comes before back surgery or else I think I'll lose it. I gotta stress this tomorrow. It seems like everyday my back is getting worse instead of better.

I am sure you'll bounce back quickly too. As for the Y, I'm getting ready to cancel my membership there. My husband works out everyday but we need to cut that from our budget and go somewhere cheaper. Since, I never go anyways. Good Luck.

Jennifer

Do you work outside the home? If not get a part time job at the Y...you get FREE membership and can add the family on for just 25.00. Pretty good deal, hence why I'm working there. Also if money is tight because of dr. bills and income lvl right now as for finacial assistance there. Its a slider scale. I have a friend that pays only like 30 something a month. And she gets the same percentage off of program fees. Also you can cut your rate if you always work out at the same gym and just get a membership to that gym instead of the city pass. Good luck with your appointment with Dr. Bauman. I really liked him. Is this your first appointment or have you already got your tests out of the way?

Melissa

Oh, I work full-time outside of my home and I could never fit in a part time job. I know they have a sliding scale at the Y but I've never bothered to look into it. Dh has been out of full-time work since 2004 and we really should have canceled it then.

I don't like the inner city youth that frequent our Y either. It seems like it's disposable babysitting for the kids. No one watches them, they are rude, disrespectful, and rude.

My daughter was treated rudely by a kid while my husband was in the pool with her.

The life guards are clueless too. Well, I don't know either, money's always tight at my house. The WLS and dietary program are a splurge. I have awsome insurance though and it will payoff in the end. I should be able to flex spend some of it in 2006 atleast the nutrtional program payments. Tomorrow is my first appointment with dr bauman,

i had all my blood test and things done, except the upper gi.

sorry i'm so crabby.

Jennifer

Sorry to hear tht about the y you go to. I mostly go to an express y...so not much there, and the kids aren't there. Good luck tomorrow. Maybe you can get your upper gi scheduled soon and get a date :).

Melissa