Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for meal ideas

About the 3 meals a day, thats what my doc said too but I just can't do it. I eat Breakfast at 6am, usually 1 scrambled egg with cheese and a few bacon bits in it--sometimes with a half slice of whole wheat 35 calorie toast (if i'm in the mood); a snack of 1/2 apple around 10 am, lunch at 12- I have a piece of chicken and a veggie or small salad (lately I'm into refried Beans with the chicken and salad mixed in) usually; then i usually eat a snack about 4pm, usually a Protein bar or wedge of happy cow cheese with 3 whole wheat crackers; for supper (between 5 and 7 depending) chicken or hamburger with a veggie of some kind and then before bed i have a sugar free popsicle. Thats my day usually.

I know its Snacks but it seems to be working for me--everyone is different.

Asparagus and yams can still be in your diet. Just follow a couple of guidelines. Asparagus...get the "thin stemmed" because it's younger and hasn't had the time to build up stringy Fiber like the "fatter" stems. Yams/sweet potatoes...smaller potatoes, just like the asparagus has less time to build Fiber. If you've ever baked a large sweet potato you've seen evidence of the fiber.

I like to have some convenience meals in my planning ... this will be a great addition to your planning.

-Take a sheet of foil

-place a boneless skinless chicken breast or hamburger steak in the center

-for the chicken, add a tablespoon or so of chicken broth; for the beef, add worcestershire sauce and a little Water

-top either with 3-4 slices of potato, a bit of onion, garlic, carrots, broccoli, seasoning

-fold foil into a package, place on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes at 350.

The meat will be moist and tender, your side dish will be ready at the same time, and clean-up is just throwing away the foil and juices.

Cathy, that sounds DELICIOUS! I am definately trying the tin foil treat. What a perfect way to get my entire meal cooked at once, with no clean up like you said. Its hard when im cooking for my family and im trying to pick off what they are having, so this is prefect. Brings a whole new meaning to " HOT POCKETS ". Thank you so much. I cant wait to try it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches