Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

remember when we were the newbies?

Hey everyone! Just checking in. I noticed there are 2008, 2009 and soon to be 2010 bandsters! Can you believe we've had our bands this long? I'm still glad I have this band (even though I didn't lose what I thought I would). It has helped me so much in losing what I did, helped me maintain now during pregnancy, and I can't wait until breastfeeding time when my metabolism gets to kick in, I can get a fill, and really go to town. (Sorry, TMI guys? haha) Anyway, I know I would weigh a lot more at this point if I hadn't had the band. Take care everyone.

I remember. :smile2: I lurk around now again - generally don't have much interesting to say (unless you count my post in the 20's forum about getting naked with a new partner...LOL...that will probably be more TMI than what you said, Linda).

I'm not where I imagined I would be by now, either. Around about the time I STOPPED my very quick downward slope on the weight-loss was because I filed for divorce. The emotional strain was just too much. I eat my emotions. Yep, still do. The times when I've gone overboard with it (eating past the point of fullness because I was trying to drown the feelings), I have PAID the price. Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch...more ouch. Hopefully I remember the pain next time I think THAT was a good idea.

Two more months to our 2nd Bandiversary, huh? Well, I'm bound and determined to be well within "normal" range for my height by then according to my BMI. I still want to lose 37 more lbs total, but I have 8 to go to be "normal." I got lazy with my weight loss over the past year. I'd eat well sometimes, others not so much. The band has ALWAYS been a Godsend, however. Whatever the lowest weight is that I get to, I cannot for the life of me gain more than 10 lbs over that. So that has been fantastic and I'm grateful everyday for that.

The past couple of months, I started buckling down on my fitness. Not so much my diet. I didn't limit WHAT I ate, but I did my best to make "better" choices. But I didn't guilt myself if I wanted a piece of pie or some chocolate, or whatever. The key is - I've been working out like a maniac for two months. Got down to the lowest I had been (which is recorded on this board in the "list"), and then one lb further than that. And was stuck. So the past several days I've forced myself to low carb in addition to the working out...and I'm down another lb.

My goal is to low-carb it for the next two weeks (until the 1st). I'm going on a vacation with the new (very hot!) boyfriend and I wanted to look my best. :smile2: I don't want to worry about carbs on a vacation, but will really do my best to not overdo it with sugar. When I get back, I'll probably get back on low carb for a bit...don't know how long. I've used low carb in the past to blast off the lbs, but I think the body starts to build a tolerance to it and an INtolerance to any kind of carbs, which is not good when you want to go back to eating like a normal person. So I basically plan to only use it for jumpstarts...kind of like getting me off the plateau I was on (it worked like a charm).

All-in-all, I'm happy with my band. I'm coming to peace with the fact that I haven't lost ALL that I thought I would have lost by now. But I'm learning the value of hard work and determination when it comes to shaping my body. I bike 75 total miles a week, I run 15.8 total per week, swim about a mile and a half, and do a kickboxing class. I'm stoked about all the fitness things that I was NEVER able to attain when I was 66 lbs heavier than I am now.

Sorry for the long post. Figured I'd give an update on one of your member lurkers and share some of the insights/experiences I've had over the past two years. You guys are great - I keep an eye on what you're doing. :biggrin:

^Make that, I have 6.5 lbs to go to "normal." :biggrin:

Wow Steph, look at you!!! I had to think who is this person. You are SKINNY! You skinny bitch! hahaha :tongue2: It's so nice to hear from you again. It sounds like you're having fun being single again - a new hottie in your life huh? I hear ya about the low-carb thing. I've jump-started weightloss with it too and stalled. That's a good technique - using it just once in a while. Have fun on your trip!

Wow Steph, look at you!!! I had to think who is this person. You are SKINNY! You skinny bitch! hahaha :tongue2: It's so nice to hear from you again. It sounds like you're having fun being single again - a new hottie in your life huh? I hear ya about the low-carb thing. I've jump-started weightloss with it too and stalled. That's a good technique - using it just once in a while. Have fun on your trip!

LMAO! Who would've thought that would be a compliment. LOL - LOVE it. haha

Another great thing I thought of with the band as opposed to other diet/exercise stuff I've tried in the past - I can't just "quit" it. The dang thing is ALWAYS there. LOL That has helped more than anything else.

Thanks, Linda...trip will be much easier to enjoy now being smaller than I was when I started this journey!

How far along are you, Linda? That's something I look forward to doing one day - getting pregnant. :thumbdown: I wasn't able to when I was heavier and I'm hoping it was just the weight in my way.

Boy? Girl? Names? EDC? I'm excited for you!

Hey! I'm 7 months along now and it's a girl, although me and the husband can NOT agree on names!

I check in now and then to see how the Nov. 2007 bandsters are doing. I really am glad I got the band 2 years ago. I've made sure to keep getting it tightened until it works for me. I still want to lose 8 more pounds and as long as I concentrate on putting good foods in my mouth (not ice cream and Cookies and chips), then I know I will achieve it. Without the band, 2 years out, I would have gained all my weight back and then some. I don't know how many calories it has saved me from consuming. But I couldn't do it without the band.

Happy 2nd Anniversary Bandsters!