Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I NEED SOME ADVICE, I think I dilated my pouch

I was banded on 7/28/09. I have a 11cc band. I got my first fill 9/9/09 of 4cc and I went on liquids for 2 days like the doc recommended and I am now on solids but I have only felt restriction once. Lately I have been able to eat soooo much! I eat whatever I want and don't feel any restriction. I have gone past feeling full a couples of times and drank Water right after to get the bloated feeling to go away (I know bad bad bad). I have been so hungry lately and cannot seem to control myself sometimes. I have been doing some research on pouch dilation. Could I have pouch dilation or do I already need more of a fill? I am so confused and scared that I might have screwed things up! :blushing: Has anyone felt this way and how do you know that your puch is dilated???

You're in bandster HELL! It's the time between surgery and the time that you finally hit the sweet spot as they call it. You can pretty much eat what you want because there isn't a lot of restriction. It's the time when you have to make healthy choices if you really want to lose. Exercise and smart healthy choices are the best way to get through it and still lose.

I hope this helps

get a barium swallow to make sure nothing happened

I just got my first fill last wed.. I have noticed a "little" less feeling of being hungry so quickly, but not a lot of help in the restiction when I am eating. I went to a support meeting on Thursday, and the nutritionist said to the entire group that we will start feeling a lot more restriction once we got the second and third fill. Thats when we will start to see the weight come off more. I hope this to be true. Until then, just work on Protein and less carbs. Even the sugar in your coffee can add up to a lot of carbs. Thats a sneaky way for the carbs to get in to your system. Hang in there!

I am 4 weeks out and don't get my first fill the 1st week of October. I have no restriction. And I've heard from too many other folks that it can take several fill to get real restriction. So, while it isn't where I wanted to be, for now I'm treating this as though I'm on a strict diet.

I've never done so before but this time I am keeping a food journal. And I can only say it is really helping me. I'm using the Lose It! app on my iPhone which makes it easy to do.

Keep a good attitude. It will kick in in time and you'll get the restriction you need. Don't let this in-between period beat you.

weight.png

It took six months and seven fills until I hit my sweet spot, and for much of the time before I got there I had NO restriction and could eat as much as I wanted. If you really think something is wrong, check with your doctor, but it's most likely that you just don't have enough restriction yet.

Thank you for the advice and support everyone! I truly appreciate it! I'm doing the 5 day pouch test to see what happens. It's liquids for 2 days and mushies for 2 then gradually to solids. So far I can feel much more restriction compared to what I was feeling before. It's not much but it's there. Everything I eat I make sure it's good quality food, I just eat too much of it. I'm going to see what happens and talk to my doctor to see if I should get a second fill. Princess losealot, my coeffee is always no sugar and soy milk, I'm not much of a coeffe drinker on a daily basis but I do drink a lot when it comes to pulling all nighters for exams. Again thank you everybody this made my day.