Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 30th.

i'm seeing my surgeron on september 30th. I'm going to ask him to get my band removed, and hopefully during my November break. why you ask? i've been sick for almost a month, hearing, seeing, thinking, eating food makes me want to vomit. Water even makes me want to vomit. on monday september 14th i found out i had a very bad bladder infection, so i have to take antibiotics twice a day till monday september 21st, thinking and looking at the pill makes me want to vomit right there and after i take it i feel worse. luckily i havent puked but it feels like its there all day, where my band is, kind of hurts. and i barely walk far and i feel like im out of breath. everytime i swallow my spit it digusting, and everytime i swallow i feel like i gotta vomit ahh. i missed a week of school cause of this, i just couldnt handle it at school, i had to lay down cause if i stood up id feel really sick. i prevent myself from throwing up by clamping down on my teeth and putting my hand up by my mouth, i dont want to live like that, im sick of being sick to my stomach and feeling nauseated all the time, i only felt good weeks 2 and 3 post op and thats all the rest i was very nauseated and i dry heaved a few days. i havent felt like myself AT ALL since being banded...i dont want anyone to talk me out of it. i want it out and cant be nauseated all the time, before being banded i felt really great and i miss feeling like that, i was so happy, dont get me wrong or anything, I'm under 200 pounds now and im so happy about it, but i havent been able to really eat anything because of being so nauseated, i didnt plan on losing it that way really, i thought i was gonna be feeling great and going out more, alot of the times when i walk for too long i feel really sick after and i feel winded..

anyways, when i get it out i plan on sticking to the rules. and i WILL stick to the rules..

chew food really well, take time eating, no drinking anything for 30 mins, take 20-30 mins to eat, exercise an hour to and hour and a half everyday and hopefully ill beable to go out more with my friends, i would now but i cant go anywhere without feeling sick so i have no enjoyment out of it at all :blushing:

i want to feel happy again, and feel like myself but 10-times healthier

i still will succeed

im just letting you guys know how im feeling, and i want to talk to somebody =/

Good Luck Erin. I am so sorry the band did not work for you; but, there is always the good old fashioned way. That sounds what you are going to do and I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

I'm very upset it's not working for me too, it just sucks, my brother lost it the old way and has kept it off for 9 years, his girlfriend said she'll help me out.

Thanks (:

I know you don't want to be talked out of it but I was just wondering - do you know if your band has a fill in it? If it does, it could be that there is too much of a fill for you and that could be what is making you sick. Just throwing that out there.

I don't blame your decision though, I wouldn't be able to stand being sick all the time either. I just hope you've considered everything that could have been causing all the trouble first because it is not normal for the band to effect people that way! I can only imagine how miserable you've felt.

yeah but there's not a lot in it, not enough to be taken out. I already asked, So idk, it's so confusing I'm not sure what else could be causing it. One minute I think I'm feeling better, the next I get really nauseated, happens everyday, I can't enjoy anything

My dr isn't even sure what's causing it. He said something like the only thing he could really do is remove it, if it don't get better or something like that

I really don't want to live my life like this

I really have felt miserable every single day so far...

Sounds like you are dehydrated also...you said you felt fine 2-3 wks after and then started feeling bad..Are you sure you stayed hydrated enough in the beginning? Being dehydrated even a little bit can make you feel like major crap. Try pushing the Water as much as possible till you get to see your Dr and see if you feel a little better.. I would hate to see you go through getting the band removed before making sure your are properly hydrated. If you are extremely dedhydrated you may even need to be hospitalized with IV fluids till you feel better.

Good luck to you with whatever you choose!

Hi Erin, I have been following your threads for a long time and I know you have been sick for a large percentage of you band journey. I applaud you for trying and hopefully you will be successful with your weight loss journey no matter how you chose to do it. We all have the right to chose what we do in life and your are still very young and should be enjoying your time with your friends and not worried about being sick all the time. I wish you all the best and happiness without your band. I hope you find the weight loss goal you are looking for and are able to keep it off for life. A friend like your brother's girlfriend to help you out. It means a lot to have some support. Good Luck to you and let us know how you are doing. Just take care of yourself. That is the most important thing.

thanks (:

i'm not feeling as bad as i did, my stomach still hurts tho and i sometimes get pain near the band around my stomach. i'm still going to keep the option of removal in mind and im still going to ask my dr. i'm going to give it a month and a half, if it comes back i want to remove it, and so far it i had it 3 times and the last time was the worst. i cant risk missing anymore school. we'll see what happens i guess

i actually kind of want it removed no matter what =/ so i wont have to worry about getting sick again...kind of dumb too hmm owell

Hey Erin good luck!!! If your doctor ever figures out why you are feeling that way please keep us updated. I wonder if you are allergic to your band. Rare but it can happen.

Good luck with the rest of your journey. Don't let anything get in your way of reaching your goal!!! You can do it.

i was thinking that! but i forgot to bring it up last week when i saw my doctor. i read on a website a few weeks back of the symptoms of being alergic to the band and i had like 6-7 of the symptoms.. is there any plastic in the band material aswell as the silicone? cause i had a plastic barbell in my eyebrow and it rejected. so hmm i really hope he could find out why, and if he ever does i will surely let you guys know!

thanks, i wont let anything get in my way , thanks again! (:

I hope I don't make you mad or anything, I'm just throwing this out there, in case it could help anyone else out...but your story sounds juste like my friend. She was going through something similar, but then found out she was pregnant! Hope it's not the case.

lol no, that doesnt make me mad, but 4 people thought the same thing now, but im not, i got my monthly friend last month before i got my depo shot and i havent done anything since july 26th

yeah but there's not a lot in it, not enough to be taken out. I already asked, So idk, it's so confusing I'm not sure what else could be causing it. One minute I think I'm feeling better, the next I get really nauseated, happens everyday, I can't enjoy anything

I would ask him when you go in how much is in it. It may not seem like a lot to HIM, but if your stomach is sensitive, it may be too much for it. I was one of the few people who had restriction from having the band placed (mine had nothing in it). I have only had 2 small fills and I was banded in July 08. If your stomach had swelling JUST FROM HAVING THE BAND PLACED, you are restricted, but now it is from constantly being sick, which causes swelling. If there is ANYTHING AT ALL in your band, my advice would be to ask to have the entire Fluid taken out. It would probably give you instant relief. From there, I would get properly hydrated by drinking the recommended amount of Water a day and intake full liquids for a few days so the swelling to go down. You will be able to drink it once the fill is taken out. This will also give you a lot of relief.