Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post-op and hungry and grouchy!!

So the first 2 days, all I did was sleep........it's now been 5 days and everything is going great! I never passed any gas, I haven't gotten sick, sounds good right? Well I feel kinda crazy!!! I think about food all the time! I want to take a bite out of a cheeseburger and just spit it out!!! If I had one near me I would!

I should be on Clear Liquids but I'm sneaking in some creamy Soups and had some oatmeal too. I know, I shouldn't but it's all going down soo easy! Besides I 'm cranky!!! I'm listening to my body and it seems to say...ok!

I haven't heard at what stage I can have cheese but today I had a bite. I'm already back to walking my 4 miles everyday and I need the energy!

So protien first huh? when on clear liquids what is the protien??

Anyone else in this boat???:(

I've seen others on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks. I was just on liquids for 2 weeks so had cream soups... and I put wheat germ in it too to bulk it up, pudding, but admit to sneaking in some laughing cow cheese on occasion when I felt the hunger was overwhelming- it's a some creamy cheese. Remember that you have no restriction til the 1st fill as a norm so scary as that is... you can eat what you want. The restriction you feel is the swelling. The diet is to get you acustomed to how you should eat from my understanding,. For me... I did bit of the soft cheese on occasion, bulked up my soups... and also switched to thicker soups- split pea etc. and drank LOTS of tea.... seemed to help- especially in the evening- to curb the hunger. Do you get to have protien shakes too?

I only have to be on clear liquids for 48 hours, after that I can be on anything baby food consistency. I think you need to listen to your body.

Some surgeons don't want you to get Protein in this early, others do. Some want 2 weeks of clear liquids, most want 1 week. It depends on your surgeon. But most, do not want you to have any food for at least a week, but usually two or more. You have to give your stomach time to heal after surgery, and eating food churns the stomach and can upset the stitches put to hold the band into place.

If you need protein (mine wanted me to have it), New Whey protein bullets have 42g of protein in 3 oz of liquid. I used those. Many people use Isopure. The protein will probably make you feel better.

I remember during the clear liquid phase feeling great disdain for the people who were eating food around me. Even the ones I gave birth to!!!:( This will pass, and you will be so much better for following your post op guidelines.

Where do you get the Protein bullets? I also heard about Protein Shots from Sams. I might try those.

I got mine from GNC. They aren't cheap, but you only need one per day. They are tart tasting, like a sweet tart.