Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my fellow Banditos...EXERCISE???

Hey everyone, was just curious to see what everyone is doing for exercise and how often? Is there anyone who doesn't exercise much at all? Just curious to see what we're all up to!!!! Hope everyone is well!:blink:

I will be the first to admit that I haven't started exercising...but I am constantly on the move. I get up early and get 3 kids ready. go to work with one of my kids. go home make dinner clean house and much much more. I know not an excuse but I still seem to be losing well. But this week I am going to try to start using my treadmill again. Hopefully that will increase my weightloss more. but since may 29th I have lost 55 #:blink:

:sad:

I will be the first to admit that I haven't started exercising...but I am constantly on the move. I get up early and get 3 kids ready. go to work with one of my kids. go home make dinner clean house and much much more. I know not an excuse but I still seem to be losing well. But this week I am going to try to start using my treadmill again. Hopefully that will increase my weightloss more. but since may 29th I have lost 55 #:lol:

Wow, that's awesome! You have lost alot of weight since surgery! Congrats! You do sound super busy, so I bet you are still losing alot of fat and calories each day without even realizing it, just by doing chores/running around with the kids. Keep up the good work!:blink:

When I don't exercise I don't see results. I started again last week and dropped 4lbs.. Hopefully I can keep it up. I do a variety of things. Work out DVD's, bike riding, Belly dancing. Just trying to put in at least an hour a day.

I ride my bike back and forth to work at least 3 days a week (8 miles each way), do bikram (hot!) yoga 3 days a week, and take a boot camp class or run 2-3 days a week. I'm one of those all or nothing people--glad to be on the "all" setting these days!

ValJean how long does it take you to ride that far?

I ride on city streets, so with traffic lights it takes me about 40 minutes.

When I don't exercise I don't see results. I started again last week and dropped 4lbs.. Hopefully I can keep it up. I do a variety of things. Work out DVD's, bike riding, Belly dancing. Just trying to put in at least an hour a day.

Minxz, what workout dvds do you like best? I am doing the Biggest Loser Boot Camp dvd and man that thing kicks my butt, lol, but I feel alot better energywise already from doing it. Just curious to see what ones you like!

I ride my bike back and forth to work at least 3 days a week (8 miles each way), do bikram (hot!) yoga 3 days a week, and take a boot camp class or run 2-3 days a week. I'm one of those all or nothing people--glad to be on the "all" setting these days!

Wow, ValJean kudos to you for doing the bike riding to work! That's a great workout I bet. And probably pretty relaxing. I have yet to try yoga, do you like it?

I totally love the biking--it's a great combination of working out and transportation, since I travel back and forth to work (luckily my building has a fitness center with showers so I can get ready there!). Plus I find that it just clears my head in the morning and is a great start to my day, and a great stress reliever at the end of the day. I sometimes forget to think of it as a workout actually.

And I absolutely love yoga--recently I've joined a bikram yoga studio; that is the 90 minute yoga class in a very hot room (100+ degrees). It is crazy but AMAZING! The first couple of classes I thought I'd die, but now I am completely addicted. I sweat like a maniac. And I did some research online and every site I looked at estimated that, for someone at my weight (210), I am burning near 1200 calories in a class! I'm still hesitant to count that number against my daily calorie balance, for fear that the estimate is way too high--but I will say reading that motivated me to go back after those first couple classes when I thought there was no way I'd survive it!

Yowza, that sounds like an incredible workout! I am going to have to look into that Yoga class. That's an insane amount of calories to lose! I really have to give you credit for that, I'd probably pass out after 10 minutes, lol.

well after posting yesterday about not exercising I felt guilty and worked out a bit before work. I plan on doing more tonight. It did feel good to get in a formal workout. Also I am excited Biggest Loser starts tonight...I dont know why but that show gives me a lot of motivation to workout. I LOVE IT!!!:mad2: great job to the rest of you who are doing so well!

Good for you for exercising! :mad2: And I agree, I'm so excited for BL tonight. I love that show. It motivates me too. I think now, especially, since I'm going through this weight loss journey, it'll be an even bigger motivator!

Carrie I have several I have been doing. I have the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, Callinetics and a Jane Fonda Low Impact work out I really like. I also have been DVRing the All star workout on Fit TV and Shimmy.

How do you like the 30 Day Shred? I'm going to be getting that from netflix soon.